time from MK to GF

mom2febgirls

Castle Decorator
We have PS at 1900 Park Fare and I'm wondering how long it takes to get from the Magic Kingdom to the Grand Floridian? We are staying onsite so we can use the monorail.

The monorail goes to other MK resorts first before reaching GF. Actual travel time is about 8 to 10 minutes. Should allow another 15 for possible wait time and and sometimes a delay. There is also a boat for which you should allow about the same times.

We have gone from the MK to the GF for breakfast, and if you take the water taxis, you will get there a whole lot faster than taking the monorail. The monorail has to make 3 stops before you get around to the GF, which can take upwards to 15 minutes or more.

Everytime we have taken the water taxi, we have gotten there is less than a 5 minute trip. We really haven't had to wait for the water taxi, either... perhaps only 2-3 minutes while they disembarked, and then docked. The water taxi is very relaxing, and our DD loved it!

Although we prefer the launches, at times they only have one operating and you might have to wait as drusba indicated. Once you're aboard, it is a quick and fun ride. I would allow 25 minutes or so to be on the safe side knowing that if you luck out with timing you might be there in five.

The park closes at 7, so can we still make it by 7:30, or would be better off with PS at 8?

The monorail isn't always fast. Especially at park closing time. Last week it took us 30-45 minutes to get from MK to the GF. The monorails were all backed up so we sat at the CR for about 15-20 minutes.

I think 7:30 is fine, but definitely take the boat... it's much faster. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter