Time to select your FP email questions

AngiTN

DIS Veteran
We got the email that it's time to pick your FP today
The thing is, I didn't get it till 11:00 AM, Eastern time. I know on past trips this is about when I have gotten them, it wasn't early in the morning for sure.

I was up and ready and waiting to pick ours at 6:55. Had I waited till the email came, all the FoP FP would have been gone. They were very slim pickings as it was. Earliest I could get during our trip was 4th day, in the evening.

I'm guessing that most visitors aren't going to know what time to pick FP, or even what day, without that email. We all know that only a small percentage plan their trips at all, and even smaller percentage to the degree those here do but at least the email lets them know they can do something.

So got me to wondering, is several hours later when they usually go out for everyone?
I'm sure it's all automated. Couldn't they put the time stamp to be the same, or similar, time as when the window opens?
I suppose it could be a way to keep the system from being overloaded with too many users all at once. Maybe they send out the emails in batches?
Have you noticed the time you have received the email?

If you go to Kenny the Pirate's website, the crowd calendar lists the dates for 180, 60, 30 days out. So I can see that for my trip that starts Sept 21,my 60 day fast pass window opens July 23.

We got the email that it's time to pick your FP today
The thing is, I didn't get it till 11:00 AM, Eastern time. I know on past trips this is about when I have gotten them, it wasn't early in the morning for sure.

I was up and ready and waiting to pick ours at 6:55. Had I waited till the email came, all the FoP FP would have been gone. They were very slim pickings as it was. Earliest I could get during our trip was 4th day, in the evening.

I'm guessing that most visitors aren't going to know what time to pick FP, or even what day, without that email. We all know that only a small percentage plan their trips at all, and even smaller percentage to the degree those here do but at least the email lets them know they can do something.

So got me to wondering, is several hours later when they usually go out for everyone?
I'm sure it's all automated. Couldn't they put the time stamp to be the same, or similar, time as when the window opens?
I suppose it could be a way to keep the system from being overloaded with too many users all at once. Maybe they send out the emails in batches?
Have you noticed the time you have received the email?

We haven't been since late 2015, but I remember laughing at how late the email came. That was when the A&E meet frenzy was going on. I never would have secured that FP if I didn't know what to do ahead of time. I think Disney is pretty negligent on notifying people of important dates/times.

Boy it makes me miss The Dibb. I knew exactly what to try for when that site was up.

If you go to Kenny the Pirate's website, the crowd calendar lists the dates for 180, 60, 30 days out. So I can see that for my trip that starts Sept 21,my 60 day fast pass window opens July 23.

I think Angie's point is that we all know that, but the people who aren't planners and researchers are depending on Disney to tell them when to do these things.

Mine usually comes late morning of the day I can select them. Like yours, Angie. I think I have gotten them a day or so later. I have also wondered why they send them later than we can make them. I kind of like it because it gives an advantage to us hard core planners. I need all the advantage I can get.

Just checked and I got mine for my upcoming trip at 11:54 am on the day I could first book.

Thank you for giving me this idea! I went back through old emails, and for a trip I took in spring 2016, I got the email at around 7:30pm Eastern Time on the day I could first book.

It's not like there isn't a bunch of Disney planning information on the internet. Why reward people who didn't bother to look at the information by reminding them that they can get a fast pass 60 days out if onsite?

My emails always come late, usually several hours after I have already booked. I always feel bad when I read it, because I know some poor unsuspecting family just got shafted on their fastpasses:( Thank goodness I am in the know.

I used to work in email marketing and around lunch time is when emails get some of the best open rates.

I'm guessing this is modeled around a typical work day. They figure the people who are super planners already know when their window is opening, and those who aren't super planners and don't remember that it's happening either won't see it or jump to do it first thing in the morning if they receive an early email and are headed to work, sending the kids off to school, etc. If they receive the email around lunch time, they may have a greater chance to see it and even possibly take a break to do it.

Just my theory!

I just checked my email to confirm from this past wednesday when I scheduled our fast passes. The email came at 7:27 PM... so more than 12 hours late.

Yes, my FP+ window opened yesterday. I was on at 7 am to book FP+. I got the e-mail around noon and, I too, thought that was really strange. Why don't they sent it out the night before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter