Tinkerbelle_325's **LIVE** Palm Desert & Santa Monice Trip Report ~LOTS OF PICS~

TinkerBelle_325

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I'm Tink, and I'm taking an 8 day trip to California starting TOMORROW! :goodvibes So I thought today would probably be a good time to start my pre-trip report LOL.

~*Cast of Characters*~

Tink (Me): Age 22
This will be my 2nd trip to California. We went as a family once before when I was 15 and this trip has been in the planning stages since then. (A few WDW trips kinda got in the way...:laughing: ) I am a planning fanatic and that is why this kind of trip is tough on me - the go-with-the-flow style :confused: See, it just doesn't compute with me :rolleyes1

DMom:
This is DMom's 3rd trip to California. She LOVES the heat, so Palm Desert is right up her alley. She also loves trying to spot celebrities (she once saw and talked to Kelly Rippa at Typhoon Lagoon), so Santa Monica will be great for her as well. She kinda goes with the flow no matter what trip we are doing because my DDad and I are the compulsive planners.

DDad:
This is DDad's 3rd trip to California as well. He isn't as big a fan of the heat, but thinks that Palm Desert is one of the most amazing places on earth. He'll be happy to see myself and DMom happy :)

~*Flights*~
May 13th 2007
Air Canada
Business Class
Departs Toronto at 8:45am Eastern
Arrives in Los Angeles at 11:00am Pacific

May 21st 2007
Air Canada
Business Class
Departs Los Angeles at 3:05pm
Arrives in Toronto at 11:20pm

~*Hotels*~

PALM DESERT
Marriott Shadow Ridge
2 Bedroom Villa

SANTA MONICA
The Georgian Hotel
Ocean View Suite

~*Itinerary*~
May 13th 2007
- up at 5am and out the door by 6
- Pearson International Airport by 7am
- we cannot stand flying out of Toronto - the ONLY reason we chose Toronto over Buffalo for this trip is that we are using Air Canada Aeroplan miles to get to California
- we were also fortunate enough to be able to book Business Class tickets with our Aeroplan Miles :cool1:
- we'll have access to the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge so we will hang out there until boarding.
- Our flight departs Toronto at 8:45am and arrives at LAX at 11:00am (Pacific) [2pm Eastern]
- From there we will get our bags and our rental car from AVIS
- Then we have a 2 hour drive to Palm Desert
- Check-in at Marriott Shadow Ridge around 1:30pm
- California Pizza Kitchen for dinner

May 14th 2007
- Palm Desert
- Shopping
- Palm Canyon Drive
- El Paseo
- Dinner at Tommy Bahama's Cafe

May 15th 2007
- Segways of the Desert
- Tour Model Homes
- Dinner at Romano Macaroni's Bar & Grill

May 16th 2007
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
- Dinner at Morton's of Chicago

May 17th 2007
- The Living Desert
- Festival at Palm Canyon Drive

May 18th 2007
- Leave Palm Desert around 10am
- Arrive in Santa Monica around 12:30
- Check-in to the Georgian Hotel
- Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express
- Santa Monica Pier

May 19th 2007
- Beverly Hills
- West Hollywood
- Lunch at Wolfgang Puck's VERT
- Third Street Promenade
- Dinner at Ocean Avenue Seafood Co.

May 20th 2007
- LA Farmer's Market
- Malibu
- Dinner at Sushi Roku

May 21st
- Venice Beach
- Leave for LAX at 12:30
- Flight Home 3:05pm

I'm looking forward to reading about your trip! My husband and I are taking a 12 day trip to California this summer! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter