Tip for tap water

luvpooh

oh bother!
If you don't like the taste of tap water, but don't want to pay for bottled water or a soft drink in the parks, do this. In most of the food courts and snack bars in WDW hotels, there are lemon juice packets, about the size of ketchup packets. Just throw a few of these in your bag or pocket and when you get a cup of water at the park, just mix some of the lemon juice into it. Makes it taste a LOT better. :)

Hope this helps!

Nicole

Offsite - 1991
Port Orleans - December 1999
Wilderness Lodge - April 2000
All Star Movies - July 2000
All Star Sports - August 2000
All Star Movies/Hard Rock Hotel- April 2001
Polynesian - June 2001
All Star Movies - November

I fill up my refillable mug in the food court and toss in a lemon wedge. Definitely gets rid of that "icky" taste. IMHO!!!

Didn't know about the lemon packets...I'll be looking for them this trip. ;)

<font size=2><font color=green><font face="Comic Sans MS">
DxL'95,PO'99,ASMo'00, Riverside 2001</font></font></font>

The water at WDW is salty as well as sulfery,so it just makes you more thirsty!

If I go back I'll take the Britta Sports filter bottles!!

tink.gif

The britta bottles really worked great for us, sure beats spending 250 on a bottle of water in the parks. I have found twin packs of the bottles for under $4 at Sam's clubs.

I am confused. If all it takes is a little charcoal filtration to remove the sulfur, why isn't the water in AZ and FL treated this way at the plants. Then, maybe, they could have good pizza and bagels.
I have a trip coming up. How many people have been able to remove that sulfur flavor with Brita filters?

Any replies on the brita filters for the tap water? I am going in july and will need lots of water.

Another good thing to get some taste into tapwater are tablet as used for isotonic sportdrinks. And they will even help you to get back some of the electrolytes into your system.

Have fun
donald20.gif

<marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate">Viking</marquee>
Off-site 88, 95 and 97
DXL and DCL 99
ASMo and DCL 01

I would like to know if a brita filter takes away the salty, sulpher taste from FL water too! I agree that the water makes you more thirsty than you were to begin with. I am going in Aug with my daughter and her friend and we will not alot of water. If the brita removes the sulpher an salt that would be great. Unfortunatly I found even the bottled water had a slight sulphur taste to it, in the parks. Maybe I'm just fussy. I live in N.E. and we have great water! TIA

Muffy

Dh and I took Brita water bottles on our last trip in Feb. and they definitely removed the salty, sulfer taste from the tap water. I was amazed how well they worked. We will always take them with us on future trips. We would fill them with ice from our hotel and then add water as need during the day. I think you could probably ask at refreshment stands to have more ice added if you needed to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter