Tipping scooter delivery

Toonses

A little nonsense now and then...
I'm assuming that we should tip the person that delivers/picks up a scooter rental, but how much is appropriate? We've never used or rented a scooter before, and I'm trying to prepare as much as possible in advance.

Thank you!

This comes up periodically and you will find some people do and some don't. I never have as it has not crossed my mind to do so. Not sure why since I am generally a very generous tipper.

I tip when they deliver and pick up my scooter. The amount is actually at your discretion, as well as whether to tip or not.

The person is\was waiting for me while I was on Magical Express. Our agreed drop off time came and went, without me being there. Through text I let them know I was on Magical Express. When I arrived they were friendly, showed me how to adjust scooter, etc.

when they came to pick up the scooter, they were waiting in the hotel lobby. They assisted in helping get me out of scooter.

any time I use a service, or need help, I offer a tip. I usually tip between $5-20, depending on how helpful and friendly they are to me. I do need and appreciate the assistance.

I'm assuming that we should tip the person that delivers/picks up a scooter rental, but how much is appropriate? We've never used or rented a scooter before, and I'm trying to prepare as much as possible in advance.

Thank you!

Generally speaking, at WDW, I tip anyone who handles anything that is mine (like luggage or food service) or anyone who handles anything in my presence that I am renting/using (like hotel rooms - specifically housekeeping or equipment rental delivery). There are obvious exceptions (we don't tip at Quick Service/Counter Service, for example) but otherwise I apply the rule that if the person touches it in my presence, or on my behalf, I tip them.

It has never occurred to me to tip the people bringing/collecting the scooter. It is their property and I'm paying a hefty premium for the privilege of renting it. Why should I tip them on top???

I tip because they (Gold,Mobility) deliver directly to me, take their time to explain how the scooter works, takes the time to adjust the scooter to my comfort level. But most importantly when I rented from them, the time I scheduled and we (them and I agreed to), I and Magical Express were running 15 minutes late. They were still waiting for me! When I get ser vice that I feel is definitely above and beyond, I most definitely tip. (Yes, I tip for regular (any) service whether it be mousekeeping, a server at a restaurant, or bell services).

Having said that, tipping is at your discretion. You will meet many wonderful people willing to make your vacation "magical".

I never even thought about this. I tipped Bell Services when they held my scooter, but now that they don't it would not have occurred to me to tip the delivery person. Not sure why not, since I tip delivery people who deliver to our home. Just didn't think of it.

So how much do you tip them? Yes, I know it's up to me, but still want to know what other people are tipping for reference. I'm thinking between $2 - $5 although I have no clue if that is appropriate or not.

I usually tipped $5 to the person who brought me the scooter. I had to force the bell services person at the Grand Californian to take the tip (since he was separate from the person taking my bags to the room), but never had that problem at any Disney World resort.

It has never occurred to me to tip the people bringing/collecting the scooter. It is their property and I'm paying a hefty premium for the privilege of renting it. Why should I tip them on top???

But you pay to "rent" your hotel room, and it is Disney's (or someone else's) property, yet you will tip the Housekeepers?

Do you tell Bell Services if they handle your bags?

Do you tip the pizza delivery guy in your hometown?

The scooter delivery places are providing me a service - not only would I be paying to rent the scooter, but if they are willing to deliver it and pick it up at my convenience, then I would certainly tip the driver.

That's just me. You don't *have* to tip anyone, but having worked in the service industry, I am always acutely aware of how much (or more accurately, how little) the people who are taking care of me when I travel are typically paid. Overall, it's a $5 tip here and there; I generally spend about $150 to $200 on an average 10 day trip tipping bellmen, housekeepers, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter