Tipping

DISFANS3

Mouseketeer
Going on first DCL Cruise June 1-5 Wonder, Looking for info on tipping. I have been reading the Passporter Travel guide, They recommend we tip$14.75 for the 4 nights we will be there. Should this be per person, also what should we tip for my 9 year old daughter?? What about rest of staff ,State room, kids Counselors.. Just don't want to short change anybody...... We leave on the big drive from SW MO on friday....... Thanks

Hi DISFANS3,

We leave on Friday also for our big drive from Iowa to WDW.:wave:

Tipping for a 4 day cruise is as follows:
Dinning Room Server $14.75
Dinning Room Asst. Server $10.75
Dinning Room Head Server $3.75
Stateroom Host/Hostess $14.50

These amounts are for each individual person including your DD. This is a recommended amount which means you can give more if you feel the service deserve it. We usually end up giving more to all of them.

These individuals are the only ones who work for tips only but you can tip other CMs if you so disire. The only caveat is that other CMs cannot accept cash tips. You do not have to tip the counselor's but many people are doing this now. We did it on our cruise in March. I went to Wal-Mart and got gift cards and we gave them to all the counselor's in the 5-7 group. Again, it is not required, so if you can only give to certain ones then some people have given tips to the counselor's they felt spent the most time with their kids. Besides the Wal-Mart gift cards some people have posted that they give phone cards. (The biggest thing with these is make sure they are ones you can use for international calls.)

Okay, now that I have rattled on, the tips listed in the passporter are the only recommended tips, the rest is up to you. One thing to remember is the CM's listed above only work for tips. Have a great cruise.
LeiLani:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter