Tips for families with small children....

carone0318

Disney-aholic, can't get enough of this place!!!
My tip is before taking your child(ren) to Disney, take them to a local park (in my case Six Flags.) This gives them and you a little idea of what is to come. At Six Flags is where my dd learned how to wait in a queque. She had her first exposure to characters and was able to see their size (which is beneficial when you consider Goofy's size.) She was also able to learn that if she stayed in her stroller, we would get to the next ride faster (a big plus...) Just a little suggestion....

42 days and counting :Pinkbounc

We watch the sing along videos (Beach Party, Flik's Adventure and Camping) which show kids with characters at lots of locations around WDW. It also shows lots of things they can do, which may give you a feel for what they would like!

We do the Chuck E. Cheese thing a lot for getting used to the characters.

Also, at our local DS, there are GIANT Mickey and Minnie Mouse stuffies and I let the kids hug them. The stuffies heads are just about the size of REAL Mickey and Minnie!

S

I agree with the Sing Along videos. They really helped my 2-y-o learn all the characters. He was great for the first two character meals and then he didn't want anything to do with any character, including the princesses at Cindy's breakfast. Oh well, his 4-y-o sister made up for his lack of enthusiasm about characters.

My best tip is to get your kids to eat a big room service breakfast in the morning. Eating in your room is less distracting and you won't worry so much if they pick at their food the rest of the day.
Also, ordering an early room service will force you out of bed in the morning!

Originally posted by Cameo
I agree with the Sing Along videos. They really helped my 2-y-o learn all the characters. He was great for the first two character meals and then he didn't want anything to do with any character, including the princesses at Cindy's breakfast. Oh well, his 4-y-o sister made up for his lack of enthusiasm about characters.

LOL those videos are a laugh. I like the DL one the best, they just have characters and senery, not the kids that went to the school of "shake you head as much as you can when you sing!" My daughter loves them both, but I can handle only so much of beach party. Wonder how old those kids are now! Ever notice how the last song is about feeling the sand on your toes and they all are wearing shoes and socks!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter