Tips on Working for the Mouse?

Paul Rodgers

Mouseketeer
(I wasn't sure where in DIS to put this, so feel free to move it if need be).

This is probably not the greatest place to ask this question, but does anyone have any tips on getting in to work at Disney? I know they hire a huge amount of people, but I feel that it is more difficult to get hired when you live very far away (I'm looking into moving). I'm looking at a FT hourly bus driving job (which is similar to my current job up here in CT), and the Disney Park Jobs site has a need for people in those positions. I've submitted things to the regular Disney Careers site before but don't normally hear much back. Unlike other places I've worked, I can't necessarily track down an email address of a manager and email him to introduce myself and ask to keep a look out for my application. Does anyone have any type of suggestions on steps to take once you submit an application to help get the ball rolling?

Thanks again! Everyone here rocks as always!

Do you live in Florida? you need a Florida address on the app and resume to get any response

Do you live in Florida? you need a Florida address on the app and resume to get any response

Not as of yet. We're looking into moving in the next 10-12 months. (Of course not applying for anything yet). Should I get one first before doing any sort of application?

Not as of yet. We're looking into moving in the next 10-12 months. (Of course not applying for anything yet). Should I get one first before doing any sort of application?
I knew I was moving to florida so I started putting in apps at Disney never heard anything but once I knew the address I was moving to I got an invitation to interview within minutes.. I no longer work for Disney or live in Florida now.

Not having a FL address is probably the issue, as the PP noted. When I looked on the Disney careers site a few months back they had a sign-on bonus for bus drivers as I guess they are always short (the duty position stressed being available for night/weekend/holiday hours so that's probably a factor). If you already have a CDL with ability to haul passengers I bet they would hire you very quickly. Good luck.

When I worked for Disney I was told millions apply for the jobs and only 30% of them actually live in florida so they don't even look at a certain level of jobs unless you have the florida address

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter