Tips

MKPollitt

Earning My Ears
My daughter wants her hair braided on the ship (just the top, not all the way down the back) and my mom and I would like to have Manicures and Pedicures in the spa. The question is, can someone give me an idea how much to tip for each service?

Also, do they really prefer phone cards for tips?

Thanks, this board is great!!

Mindy

No, they don't prefer phone cards. If you give them the percent tip you think is appropriate, then you could add a phone card too if you really wanted to.

i think i have read that other folks give between 10 and 15 percent of the spa bill as an acceptable tip.

I tip 15 percent the same as I would back home, and if it was a lot of work (like when I went red recently now that was a job) I tip 20percent. Tip what you feel comfortable but I would do it in cash. Phone cards are a nice touch but when in doubt cash is always welcomed! (hey the person might not have anyone to call-who knows maybe they are a fugitive hiding out on the magic- or a runaway mom-hah that would be funny run away from your kids and end up on a boat full of them...boy I am loopy this morning, gotta get some caffine in me)

I agree--tip in cash and add the phone card as an EXTRA over and above the cash tip. Not as part of it, but over and above!

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter