Tipsy is as Tipsy Does - A February '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 8/15

Thanks for the reviews and the laughs. Will look forward to your next adventure.

OMG here I am! I'm so behind on everything! I need to text you too :D

As an app to share we got something I'd wanted to try for years, the Scotch Egg.
I've wanted to try this but we haven't been back in years......

3 months seems like forever, but hopefully its a quick 3. Jason and I are the exact opposite of you and your hubby. We swore we were waiting a year to return then we caved and talked each other into going at the 9 month mark instead.
Well I am almost as happy as you guys that you decide to go back in 9 months :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

And now, to wrap this production, we still have one scene left. It's called.... "The exit." The action begins with you reviewing my final thoughts until we come to a complete stop. Then, you wipe the drool from your mouth and take small children by the hand. When this post ends, you rise dramatically to your feet and make a grand exit to another report. Oh, and one more thing. when I yell "action," don't forget the thunderous applause for your food guide. Okay. Places everybody.
This brought tears to my eyes which also happened last week while we were there :sad1: I can't get over my GMR closing sadness! And I did think of Casey and how sad she'll be when she finds out here shooting lady ride is no more.

Worst Drink
Sangria in Morocco
I have nightmares about this tiny glass of ridiculousness.

Great report as always! Can't wait for your November one!

I'm so sad your report is over! Great reviews! I will look forward to your November report. We are going back in January (hubby has a conference at the Contemporary). I am really excited that we are going to Tiffins! My husband is a slightly picky eater (although he denies it) and I haven't been able to get him to try Jiko but I showed him the Tiffins menu and he said he would try it! I'm also trying to see where I can fit in Rose & Crown after reading your review. We haven't been there in several years. We'll be there for 10 days so hopefully I can fit it in.

Thanks for taking us all along on you dining adventures. The craic was great. Can't wait to join you again in the next trip. Happy munching and slurping and hugs to Casey when she hears that the shooting lady has rode off into the sunset. Fingers crossed there's a suitable "feel better" snack nearby :)

Great dining report! I love your farewell that pays tribute to the Great Movie ride since I'm going to miss that ride a lot. It gave me goosebumps reading it :) All your food looked so delicious and I can't wait to read your next dining report.

Another fun read Kari! I honestly think we would have fun boozing it up a bit in Disney! You totally seem like my kind of fun!!! I look forward to more of your adventures and a possible Dis meet in November...????

I really enjoyed reading this report I love your humor. Until your next report.
giphy.gif

Sad to see the food and fun to end!

As always everything looks yummy, and looks like you had a fabulous trip! Looking forward to more in the future!

She promptly named this guy Meatball to go with the one at home, Yeti Spaghetti :-)

That is amazing.

it was the last day of disney times.

The last day is always the worst of times :sad2:

And of course promptly poured ourselves a glass of some post vacation depression wine. Some tipsy things never change :drinking1

:rotfl: An appropriate ending

And now, to wrap this production, we still have one scene left. It's called.... "The exit." The action begins with you reviewing my final thoughts until we come to a complete stop. Then, you wipe the drool from your mouth and take small children by the hand. When this post ends, you rise dramatically to your feet and make a grand exit to another report. Oh, and one more thing. when I yell "action," don't forget the thunderous applause for your food guide. Okay. Places everybody.

:lmao: So clever! I was cracking up!

While technically this may have been our only counter service, I couldn't resist another look at this sausage.

:rotfl:

Best Drink
I'm gonna cheat a bit and call everything from Nomads lounge a winner. At a price of only 8-10 dollars they are serving the highest quality cocktails in an amazing setting that has in Stacy's words become a must do for us!

I'm gonna have to take Bobby here. Maybe leave him for a little while...

Great TR - as always!!!

giphy.gif

Fantastic trip report...as always! What an awesome time you guys had! And, of course some seriously good eats! Looking forward to reading the overall reflections ;)
Thanks. We certainly had some awesome times & eats!

Another awesome report - thank you! I was so excited to read that you were going in November, but alas our trips will not match up.
Oh no, bummer our trips won't coincide. When are you all going?

Except for her amazing ability to eat like an adult, Casey reminds me of Owen a lot. Particularly in this report with the selfies. Has she gotten into the emoji love yet?? I will be on my phone and Owen will be reading over my shoulder and just dying to send some emojis to people. Good times....
Sounds like our kiddos would definitely get along. Casey most definitely loves the emojis, but we've led her to believe that she can send them to people from her iPad, which has no wifi connect so they go to absolutely no one. Oops :P

looking forward to your next trip!
Thanks. I'm really looking forward to it too :-)

Enjoyed your report!!! Can't wait til your next one!! Until then... :drinking1
Thank you. I'll be tipping one back right there with ya :drinking1

Can't wait for the next one!
Me either!

Always love your reports, thanks so much for taking the time to share!
Jo
Thank you for taking the time to read them. I really appreciate it.

I don't comment much (shame on me, but I'm working on it!) but I wanted to say that I enjoy your reports so much! Your humor make them super enjoyable and I love eating/drinking vicariously through you.

Thanks for sharing!!
No shame at all, glad to hear you enjoy. I certainly enjoy eating and drinking it all :-)

Awesome report, as usual! Looking forward to your next tipsy adventure!
Thanks. You and me both are looking forward to it :drinking1

Another fab report!! Love your best and worst categories. I will so avoid the sangria lol!!
Thanks Lori! Stay far, far away from the sangria :P

Another amazing, funny and perfect review from you! Thanks Kari, it's always a pleasure to come on here and get caught up with your adventures in dining (and drinking!) at Disney! :)
Thanks Susan!!!! Hope you have a wonderful trip and report back on all your adventures!

I too love reading your reports! Your way of writing always makes me laugh! Thanks for sharing!!
Thanks for following along!

:sad: The tears are for the end of your report AND the end of GMR :sad:
You and me both on the tears. Funny I made fun of all that is GMR for years, now I'm sad I'll never get to see more animatronic Sigourney Weaver again.

Well, that you get! :thumbsup2 Well earned, indeed. :goodvibes
Why thank you!

:rotfl: Would have been wasteful if you hadn't, right?
But of course. Good or bad, one must not waste alcohol :drinking1

Thanks so much for sharing your adventures, Kari. I have to say you and your family sound like an absolute blast to be around and I so appreciate being able to "tag along" on your trip ;) ::yes::
Thanks Tracy! Hopefully our disney plans will cross one day, cause I just know we'd all get along :-) Hope you are having a great trip!

I got so far behind! But then it was only a few last meals, so I guess I am glad I didn't get lost in the middle :D I've been "saving" my favorite dining reports to catch up on and finally had a few minutes in front of the computer tonight. So glad to see you ended the trip with several high notes!
Hi Melinda! Glad to hear you were at least saving me for last :-)

This actually managed to pull my heartstrings - I wasn't overly sad about seeing the GMR go, just because it really really needed love, but to think that it was a sweet little girl's favorite and her mama hasn't told her yet... HEARTBREAK :( poor Casey. Guess she will have to get more meat-named plush to ease her woes...
I know, I just don't have the heart to tell her. She doesn't know about our next trip so I'm hoping to break the news once we are actually there in hopes that will break her disappointment a bit. She is also now big enough to ride Rockin' Roller Coaster so maybe that will be a distraction.

Why have I STILL not had this despite having been back to Jiko since I read about it? We had the Malva Pudding last time and it was also amazing.
We tend to forget about it too and then when we finally go back we wonder why its been gone so long. So good :-)

Great report Kari, thanks for the Great Movie ride tribute, one of Andi's all time faves! I will be looking forward to your next dining and drinking extravaganza!
Thanks Caroline!!!! I guess Andi is gonna miss GMR one last time too. Our poor girls :sad:

Can't wait to hear about the next set of adventures! Great trip report! And just reading your best and worst has me soon excited for our trip! Yum!
And I can't wait for yours since I'll have to rely on your (hopeful) report next month to get me through until November :-)

Great trip report...Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for following along!

Thanks for the reviews and the laughs. Will look forward to your next adventure.
What do ya know, I'll look forward to it too :P

Loved your reviews!
Thank you!

OMG here I am! I'm so behind on everything! I need to text you too :D
:-):-):-):-):-)

Well I am almost as happy as you guys that you decide to go back in 9 months :thumbsup2 :rotfl:
Maybe not as excited as Jason and I, but you gotta be a close third :P

This brought tears to my eyes which also happened last week while we were there :sad1: I can't get over my GMR closing sadness! And I did think of Casey and how sad she'll be when she finds out here shooting lady ride is no more.
Did you all get to ride it?

Great report as always! Can't wait for your November one!
What do you know I can't wait for your November one either :P So excited!!!!!!!!

I'm so sad your report is over! Great reviews! I will look forward to your November report. We are going back in January (hubby has a conference at the Contemporary). I am really excited that we are going to Tiffins! My husband is a slightly picky eater (although he denies it) and I haven't been able to get him to try Jiko but I showed him the Tiffins menu and he said he would try it! I'm also trying to see where I can fit in Rose & Crown after reading your review. We haven't been there in several years. We'll be there for 10 days so hopefully I can fit it in.
I'm not sure what I'm more sad about, the trip being over of the report :P

Awesome you all have a trip coming up soon and even more awesome you get to go to Tiffins. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do and hubby at least tolerates it :-)

Thanks for taking us all along on you dining adventures. The craic was great. Can't wait to join you again in the next trip. Happy munching and slurping and hugs to Casey when she hears that the shooting lady has rode off into the sunset. Fingers crossed there's a suitable "feel better" snack nearby :)
Thanks for following along with me, especially from so far away :-) Love the idea of making sure a snack is nearby for Casey's impending GMR tears. A cupcake should surely fix things, right? :-)

Such a great report, I'm sad to see it end! Can't wait 'til November!!
Thanks Kelly! Hopefully you'll even be in the next one :-)

Great dining report! I love your farewell that pays tribute to the Great Movie ride since I'm going to miss that ride a lot. It gave me goosebumps reading it :) All your food looked so delicious and I can't wait to read your next dining report.
Thanks! Couldn't resist saying goodbye to Casey's beloved GMR on here, since we can't bid it adieu ourselves

Another fun read Kari! I honestly think we would have fun boozing it up a bit in Disney! You totally seem like my kind of fun!!! I look forward to more of your adventures and a possible Dis meet in November...????
Thanks Jenny!!!! I'm looking forward to it too!

I really enjoyed reading this report I love your humor. Until your next report.
giphy.gif
Bu-bye! :P

:goodvibes Wonderful wrap up! :sad: I'm so sad it's over. :yay: Anxiously waiting for next one! :flower3:
Thanks Teresa!

Sad to see the food and fun to end!

As always everything looks yummy, and looks like you had a fabulous trip! Looking forward to more in the future!
Thanks Lauren. What do you know I'm looking forward to more too :P

The last day is always the worst of times :sad2:
It really is. Trips should never really come to an end.

:lmao: So clever! I was cracking up!
Thanks. I crack myself up sometimes too :P

I'm gonna have to take Bobby here. Maybe leave him for a little while...

Great TR - as always!!!
If he gets all Bobby fussy Nomads is definitely the place for him. Set him down with a good drink and all should be better :P

Looks like i ma be around a bit more now too... not that you have a report going yet... but i MAY have booked a trip yesterday, with out telling DH.....
Love it!!!!!!! When did you book for????

Loved your report! My heart is already breaking for poor little Casey and her shooting lady ride. I'll be patiently waiting for your next report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!