Tiramasu at G.F.

melgrek

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have the recipe for tiramasu from a restaurant at the Grand Floridian? I have never been there but read it was great. This is my favorite dessert, and I would like to make it
for the holidays. Thank you for your help.

I do not have the recipe from the GF but do have one my family loves.

<center>TIRAMISU</center>

FILLING
1 1/2 cups espresso or triple-strength coffee
1/4 cup brandy
1/2 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1 pound mascarpone cheese
1 package of Italian ladyfingers
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (grated)

ICING
1 cup heavy or whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon. vanilla
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar

Mix espresso, brandy and sugar together stirring until sugar is dissolved.
Put 1/3 cup of the coffee mixture into another bowl. Add the eggs yolks to the 1/3 cup of coffee, mix. Now add the mascarpone cheese mixing carefully, if you overmix this it will separate.

Line a loaf pan with wax paper, folding in the corners.

Dip the ladyfingers one at a time into the reserved coffee mixture, just enough to absorb some if the mixture (a few seconds) place them in a line at the bottom of the loaf pan. Spread half of the cheese mixture over the ladyfingers, sprinkle 2 ounces of the shaved chocolate.

Add another layer of the ladyfingers dipped in the coffee mixture. Add the remaining cheese mixture and the remaining shaved chocolate.

Finish off with the remaining layer of the ladyfingers dipped in the coffee mixture. Cover and refrigerate abut 6 hours.

Invert the chilled loaf pan onto a serving platter, remove the wax paper.
Place the cream, vanilla and confectioners sugar into a bowl and beat till stiff. Spread the whipped cream on the top and sides of the Tiramisu. Dust the top with cocoa and additional chocolate shavings. Slice and serve.

Thank you for the recipe it looks good, I will try it. Have a great holiday!

That tiramisu recipe sounds really good! Here's the GF version:

Tiramisu

2 c mascarpone cheese
3 c heavy cream
1/4 powdered sugar
1/2 t vanilla extract
3 T coffee liqueur
1 t instant coffee
1 10-inch sponge cake
1/4 c cocoa powder

Combine mascarpone cheese, cream, sugar, vanilla, coffee liqueur, and instant coffee in a mixing bowl and whip until stiff.

Split sponge cake in half, creating a top and bottom layer. Spread cream mixture on bottom layer and replace top half of cake. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Just before serving, dust top of cake with cocoa powder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter