To cancel or not to cancel...

Cornucopiaoflove

Earning My Ears
Our original plan was to stay at the Polynesian for our entire trip (9 nights) in May of 2019. As I am indecisive, and also would love to save a little money, we actually decided that we'll spend the first two nights at Universal.

The question is, do I cancel those rooms now? It seems weird to hold on to them, and I'd only get a 2 day start on things like ADR and fastpass reservations. Would I really miss out on anything by editing my reservation now?

The couple trips I have done since fp+ was started, we had zero issues getting all the top rides at times we wanted.
I would cancel and not worry about it

If you decide to cancel the 1st 2 days at the Poly, I would make AK day at least 4 days after you check in at Poly. Flight of Passage FP is a hard one to get early in your trip. Depending when you are going, Slinkly Dog coaster FP may be hard too.

Have a great time.

Our original plan was to stay at the Polynesian for our entire trip (9 nights) in May of 2019. As I am indecisive, and also would love to save a little money, we actually decided that we'll spend the first two nights at Universal.

The question is, do I cancel those rooms now? It seems weird to hold on to them, and I'd only get a 2 day start on things like ADR and fastpass reservations. Would I really miss out on anything by editing my reservation now?

You can't just edit a reservation and take days off any more. There will have to be availability for 7 nights, as opposed to 9 nights, in the system. I would make the change ASAP to ensure you can actually get 7 nights in the room category you want at Poly instead of 9.

You can't just edit a reservation and take days off any more. There will have to be availability for 7 nights, as opposed to 9 nights, in the system. I would make the change ASAP to ensure you can actually get 7 nights in the room category you want at Poly instead of 9.

I agree, the sooner you modify the better.

I’ll third the need to modify ASAP for the best chance at keeping the same rate you have.

But I would put Universal at the end if you’ll be staying at a Uni deluxe resort with included unlimited express pass. FP feels sad and clunky compared to express pass, and I have a hard time going back to FP once I’ve been at Universal.

I’ll third the need to modify ASAP for the best chance at keeping the same rate you have.

But I would put Universal at the end if you’ll be staying at a Uni deluxe resort with included unlimited express pass. FP feels sad and clunky compared to express pass, and I have a hard time going back to FP once I’ve been at Universal.
True, the Universal express pass that is included with deluxe stay is so much better. But we’ve booked Universal stay first because of Resort Airline check in and bags. So nice when you don’t have to lug your bags to MCO and deal with checking them in.

True, the Universal express pass that is included with deluxe stay is so much better. But we’ve booked Universal stay first because of Resort Airline check in and bags. So nice when you don’t have to lug your bags to MCO and deal with checking them in.

Definitely good to know one's own likes and dislikes. Taking bags is definitely not something that would keep me from ending the trip with EP. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter