To Dcl Staff

1. Take MTV off the station selections. I was surprised to have MTV available in our rooms. ( I did not want our 7 year old flipping channels for what he might see, not exactly Disneyesque!)
2. Please consider children's programming for 2 year olds. It would be nice to have 2 to 3 hours of activities for them scattered throughout the day.( Nice for them and nice for the adults.) I am not talking about Flounders, but actual activities that you don't have to make reservations for. Love everything else! Lisa T

It has been over a year since I have sailed DCL, but I sailed RCCL this past June and there were a couple of convinces I like about RCCL:

1. Being able to check my room charges on the TV, as well as book excursions.

2. Your picture is taken on the when boarding the ship, so every time you leave the ship you only need your Sea Pass Card (like the KTWC), because when they swipe your card your picture comes up. So ,no need to carry your picture ID ashore also.

3. Also liked on embarkment on RCCL, you passed throught the metal detectors and X-Ray machines before even checking in. Of course we did have to stop before getting on the ship to get our picture taken for the ID :p and then for the embarkment picture too :rolleyes:

KimDisFan

embarkment on RCCL, you passed throught the metal detectors and X-Ray machines before even checking in

DCL has been able to say "Been there Doing that" for some time now. It really helps with the boarding process.

Now for some things DCL should not do
*Don't keep the motorized boats at Serenity Bay
*Don't let every cruise have 2 days at Castaway Cay (I love it, the days are to short, but I like that it is so well maintained (well at least until "Isabell" trashes it:mad: !) I feel that more days at the Cay will ultimately detract from the beauty of the place)
*Don't put the rumored swimming pool on CC either.

Things I would like to see
*Would love an Alaska cruise
*Bring back having officers dine with cruisers on the formal or semi formal nights. One of the best times we had was when one of the officers joined us for dinner!!
*60 day window for Palo ressies - brunch and dinner
*on sea days spread some of the 6pm-10pm activities over a longer period of time - there are a lot of fun things scheduled and the choices are difficult (as to what we are going to miss)

My two cents.
1) Allow movies to be seen on board BEFORE they open in theaters. Like "sneak previews". What could it hurt?
2) more varied ports, San Juan, Aruba, etc.
3) not that I watch that much TV on board, but I would like to be able to see things on the "other" networks. Like the Masters or the US Open or Survivor.
4) poolside cubbyholes or lockers for stuff, therefore no saving seats...ever!
5) more characters; lots more (what can I say, I'm a big kid)

And now for my cheapskate recommendations. I don't mind paying a premium for DCL, because I am rewarded in so many ways, but...
1) I'm from Texas and we thing free parking is a birthright; like air and water
2) soda - how about cheaper, if not free. I realize this is a difficult request, buy we know Disney can do anything!
3) photo prices. I've always believed that you could make more money by selling more photos if you charged a bit less. Try it, and prove me right or wrong!

From my DD10,
1) more talking characters in the lab, they are fun to talk to
2) rock climbing (RCCL's got it!)
3) I want to be able to get my hair and nails done as a treat
4) show current movies in the lab late at night so I can watch with my girlfriends
5) better/more crafts

Originally posted by jrabbit

*Don't put the rumored swimming pool on CC either.

I didn't hear this rumor, but how about a water park on CC, we would LOVE a WATER PARK!!!

My suggestions would be

1. longer day at CC

2. a soda card so you don't have to carry around that huge mug. (free sodas as previously suggested)

3. more deck chairs

4. make hot foods available for room service breakfast

5. different ports

To the DCL staff....

THANK YOU!!!!! I am thrilled with our recent upgrade... It had seemed that Cat.10's were more or less passed over for upgrades... Well, you guys just proved me wrong!!! :D

No way could we have afforded a verandah... This is real Disney magic and pixiedust!!!! So, DCL, You just made my entire year!!! :Pinkbounc

Keep the upgrades coming whenever possible!!!

I haven't cruised yet, so I have no other detailed comments....
But, I do agree with those who would like soda to be included!!! Seems like you could raise fares a few bucks per person and still make out like a bandit!

Also, I think that smoking and non-smoking sections for the Verandah cabins would be a good idea.... Even if it were not possible to always strictly adhere to this, it would make for many happy non-smokers!

Whatever you do, do not change ANYthing that will take away any of the 'MAGIC'!!!!!!!!

Disney Darwin,

Of all the recomendations so far, I think you have my vote for the best.

Cubbies at the pool. I don't lay out in the sun as I am an open invitation for skin cancer (very fair skin). Heaven knows the only reason I use the deck chairs is to have a place to put my stuff. They could be like the ones I saw at Surfin Safari Water Park. The little orange key was attached to a stretchy bracelet so you wouldn't loose it. Wonder where they could "hide" them or knowing Disney, they would make a piece of artwork out of the lockers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter