To do the parks or not?

If you plan AK, plan to see Lion King (use a fast pass for it and try to sit in front) and Finding Nemo. Both of these are theatre events and provide nice downtime.
The Safari is not on your feet either.
If grandparents are struggling, maybe let them take a break while you guys do the boneyard. They can sit while he plays.
The evening entertainment there (Rivers of Light) is not heartbreaking if you miss it, so it could be a much shorter day.
I assume you are not staying at a Disney resort, so going back to your room midday is not a really viable option.
Plan to eat at Flame Tree Bar B Cue, excellent food and HUGE portions. You could definitely save $$$ here by sharing a meal. (And believe me, they are sharable).
Enjoy your time, it's a great park!
No, we did not think about pricing to stay onsite until after my dad book the Tuscany village through a timeshare thing.

Thanks everyone you help a ton! I now have three options on the table: go to disney springs then to a resort to see the fireworks, just do the one day, or sea world and space center. I am really considering just doing the one day at MK instead of Ak. It sounds like MK have more for his age plus as long as he sees Mickey he will be happy. However, I will have to sit down and do the budget. I do not want to spend too much since we are going on a cruise that week and turning back around in October to go on DCL which is expensive as well. I am also doing the credit card hacks and budgeting so who knows I might get enough UR points and AA miles to make a week trip at Disney sooner than later (fingers crossed).

I am really considering just doing the one day at MK instead of Ak.

As many others have said, definitely one day at MK. We are taking our grandkids there in May who are 1,4,5 and 5. I think they will be great ages (1 YO obviously along for the ride!) I would not do Sea World and definitely not the Space Center over MK. Sounds like you have a lot of Disney fun planned and a day at MK would be a great kick-off!

Hi everyone,

So i am in the process of finalizing my plans and probably will buy MK tickets prior to February (rumors they will raise the price). When will i be able to set up my Fastpass? I am not sure if it 60 days or 30 days prior? Is there a certain rides i should aim to get a FP for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter