To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

After today, I definitely have a better understanding. I can't believe you guys have these types of conditions all the time. It's nuts out there.

I'm just kept thinking about all my southern compatriots.

Wow, that is truly crazy hot weather for your area.

This weekend is going to be crazy hot for sort of mid-Atlantic/Great Lakes region. I'm visiting family in Michigan (Detroit area) and then western PA over this weekend and next week. Usually that is a break from the hot summer weather in the DC area, but not this time! I've been learning this summer that T+D adjustments are my BFFs. :) Honestly, marathon training last summer without the adjustments - no wonder I was dead.

So I had been planning to ask you: is there a T+D so high that you won't train in because you consider it to be dangerous? But, given that run you just did, I'm thinking the answer to that may be no. :)

Personally, if the actual air temp is 95 F or above, I've decided to move to the treadmill if it's just a EA or EB run. This is partly because of the possible health risks and also with a T+D adjustment that big, I'm nearly at a walking pace for an EA run. For other types of runs, I'd probably see if I can feasibly slide it a day or two around in my schedule to do it outside at a slightly cooler T+D.

Wow, that is truly crazy hot weather for your area.

This weekend is going to be crazy hot for sort of mid-Atlantic/Great Lakes region. I'm visiting family in Michigan (Detroit area) and then western PA over this weekend and next week. Usually that is a break from the hot summer weather in the DC area, but not this time! I've been learning this summer that T+D adjustments are my BFFs. :) Honestly, marathon training last summer without the adjustments - no wonder I was dead.

So I had been planning to ask you: is there a T+D so high that you won't train in because you consider it to be dangerous? But, given that run you just did, I'm thinking the answer to that may be no. :)

Personally, if the actual air temp is 95 F or above, I've decided to move to the treadmill if it's just a EA or EB run. This is partly because of the possible health risks and also with a T+D adjustment that big, I'm nearly at a walking pace for an EA run. For other types of runs, I'd probably see if I can feasibly slide it a day or two around in my schedule to do it outside at a slightly cooler T+D.

I'd say if the T+D is over 160 then I'd probably consider canceling/moving a hard run. Although if multiple hard days in a row end up higher than 160s then I'd move to a treadmill (if I had one) to try and work on cadence and power for the right pacing. But for an easy day, I just take it slow and hydrate.

I’m in corral C :-/

No worries. You have a sub 90 HM. It's first come first serve so quickly request a corral change to B based on your sub 90. If I remember correctly from @cburnett11 experience it takes a few weeks to see the change reflected on your profile. But don't delay because first come first serve.

I'd say if the T+D is over 160 then I'd probably consider canceling/moving a hard run. Although if multiple hard days in a row end up higher than 160s then I'd move to a treadmill (if I had one) to try and work on cadence and power for the right pacing. But for an easy day, I just take it slow and hydrate.

Well I’m glad to read this. I might consider this for my next hard run after work. This past Thursday, did not go so well. My heart rate got really high, even after I adjusted my pace. I took several breaks to allow my HR to come back down, and did not push the 150m repeats at the end.
I have access to a decent size indoor track and treadmills, so I might consider that in the future for T+D over 160 (and full sun) for my hard workouts.

97 Days to Go (I Believe in Unicorns!)

IMG_1682.JPG

Date - Day - Scheduled Workouts (Intervals within desired pace)

6/25/18 - M - OFF
6/26/18 - T - MISSED RUN
6/27/18 - W - 7 miles @ EA (8:14)
6/28/18 - R - 2 mile WU + 6 mile M Tempo (7:06) + 1 mile E + 6 mile M Tempo (7:06) + 2 mile CD (7/12)
6/29/18 - F - 7 miles @ EA (8:14)
6/30/18 - Sat - 12 miles @ EB (7:42)
7/1/18 - Sun - 2 mile WU + 3 x 2 miles @ T (6:35) w/ 3 min RI + 2 mile CD (6/6)

Running duration = 6:46 hours
Running mileage = 49.1 miles
Indoor Virtual Biking duration = n/a hours
Indoor Virtual Biking mileage = n/a miles
Total (training) duration = 6:46 hours
Total (training) mileage = 49.1 miles
Number of running SOS intervals within pace = 13/18 (72%)

Monday

Nothing comes to mind.

Tuesday

It was a really long day. We were scheduled to have the movers come over at 8am. So I was up at 5:00am to start prepping the house for the last minute things. The goal was to get as much done as possible before they arrived to minimize costs. They came at 8am, and then we did get some intermittent rain. Overall, not too bad. They were finished after a few hours, and then it was our turn to finish everything up. By 9:20pm, I decided to call it a night and head to bed. Unfortunately there just wasn't any opportunity to run, so I skipped it.

Wednesday

First run in the new neighborhood and an attempt to figure out a new route. Here was today's attempt. Maybe a fluffy tailed dog?

Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 5.30.50 PM.png

Anyone got a name for this one?

Overall, 7 miles at a T+D of 144. The pace was 8:22 with a HR of 136 (faster side of easy). Not half bad route, but not quite where I want it to be. Sandpiper trail is too thin (no shoulders and only two cars wide). So not going that way. Elevation gain was about 40 ft per mile (old route was 50 ft per mile). Knew after the run was over I may have pushed it a touch too hard on the pacing. I had full intentions of getting to sleep early, but Steph's aunt from France was in town and so it became a late night. Late night + early morning = little sleep.

Thursday

Took the day off so I could get a longer workout in. The temps were going to be awful, so I was up at 4:45am to get the run started early. I was able to get started at 5:25am. The T+D was a crisp 123 and ended at 139. This was going to be the most M Tempo miles in a single workout ever (12). And it occurred in the first week of the plan?!?! To say the least, I was nervously excited. This was the goal of this plan - slam home the M Tempo workouts to make it second nature.

Based on the temps, the pace should have been a 6:48 (GP) + 10 sec (for the first half of the training plan to be slower) + TD adjustment (1.5%-3%) = 7:04-7:11 goal pace.

6:59, 7:13, 7:01, 7:02, 6:55, 7:10 (GAP of 7:03, 7:01, 7:03, 6:42, 7:03, 7:03)

The first set was solid. The pace felt sustainable and included a nice hilly route. When taking the grade adjusted pacing into account the pace was incredibly consistent with 4/6 miles at exactly 7:03. The HR was solid as well at 144, 148, 149, 148, 148, 150. The marathon tempo was should be 148-152. So having the HR on the lower side is right on target.

I took a nice one mile lap easy, and then it was time to do another 6 miles of M Tempo. But I could tell I lost it.

7:15, 7:20, 7:29, 7:20, 7:34, 7:51 (GAP of 7:23, 7:13, 7:16, 7:27, 7:26, 7:31)

Big difference between the first and second set. I just sort of lost the groove during the easy mile and was never really able to get it back. The HR was 141, 146, 144, 144, 143, 139 so it was just a matter of losing that power. I think it was merely an effect of the little sleep from the night before, and I probably didn't eat enough food either. But I accepted the workout and moved on. Overall, I felt like it was a successful workout.

How about this route? Go go gadget dog?

Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 5.59.17 PM.png

Better, but I got lost on the far right. That loop was intended just to be small, but suddenly it became a whole run around the school.

We did the final cleaning of the house so that we could prepare it for the new people. G's idea was for us to paint a picture of the old house to hang in the new house. A great idea. We had an enjoyable time, but it was a tearful experience. G had a really tough time with it because she kept forgetting we were leaving and she kept looking for her toys. :sad1:

Friday

Today was the day we were finally selling our house! Everything went smoothly which is always a great thing.

It was also suppose to be one of the hottest days I've ever seen. So I thought, why not just go for it and run in the hottest temps you've ever seen since starting to run. So that T+D was 177!!! And I was super excited to give it a try. It was broiling out. Like someone left the oven open when it was set to like 500 degrees. Super intense. The feels like was 119. The goal was to completely ignore pace and just watch the HR. I wanted it to be an easy run so, I was aiming for 132. I got 127, 133, 130, 134, 130, and 135. The pace was 9:17. I just did some small laps at 2 miles. Took frequent water breaks. And originally this was suppose to be 7 miles, but I focused on the duration of the workout. So instead of 7 miles, I ended up with 5.9 miles, but the same duration goal of 55-60 min.

Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 6.12.20 PM.png

Another one to name? I'm thinking Narwahl.

Saturday

I decided I only wanted to test out those super temps once. So I aimed for an early start and was out the door at 8am. In my amazement the T+D was never going to be less than 160 all day. So at 8am, I set the second highest T+D ever at 167.

I just went super slow, adjusted the mileage based on duration (was to be 12 miles, but did 90 min instead). Took frequent water breaks and was more focused on HR than anything else (aiming for 137). I got a 121, 135, 137, 136, 141, 139, 136, 141, 135, 143, and 147. Was reasonably happy with the run. Ended up with an 8:43 min/mile.

Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 6.21.34 PM.png

Sunday

After some late night storms, the weather started to break "a bit". The T+D was "only" a 146.

Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 6.22.03 PM.png

Goal T pace is 6:25 + 10 seconds + TD adj (3-4%) = 6:47 to 6:51.

Was interested to see how things would play out. I increased the sleep and the calorie consumption.

6:38, 6:44

Wow, that first mile felt fantastic! Really felt like my old self out there as the legs were flying.

6:43, 6:50

Still very solid. Right on target for the pacing.

6:53, 6:54

Was feeling it there at the end of the run. But it was fantastic to get the legs flying.

Average pace of 6:47, and HR of 150, 154, 151, 156, 151, 152. Happy with it overall. The pacing was good and the HR was solid. The route was as flat as I could find, and wasn't that bad. The GAP was fairly close to the real pace (suggesting a fairly flat route).

Having the skipped run sort of threw a wrench in the week and the attempt to build the mileage. But I won't complain. Next week on tap is a 6x1+2x1 with R pacing between and a normal 12 mile LR. Time to get that mileage up! Oh, and buying our new lot and securing a building loan!!!

97 Days to Go (I Believe in Unicorns!)

View attachment 334212

6/25/18 - M - OFF
6/26/18 - T - MISSED RUN
6/27/18 - W - 7 miles @ EA (8:14)
6/28/18 - R - 2 mile WU + 6 mile M Tempo (7:06) + 1 mile E + 6 mile M Tempo (7:06) + 2 mile CD (7/12)
6/29/18 - F - 7 miles @ EA (8:14)
6/30/18 - Sat - 12 miles @ EB (7:42)
7/1/18 - Sun - 2 mile WU + 3 x 2 miles @ T (6:35) w/ 3 min RI + 2 mile CD (6/6)

Running duration = 6:46 hours
Running mileage = 49.1 miles
Total (training) duration = 6:46 hours
Total (training) mileage = 49.1 miles
Number of running SOS intervals within pace = 13/18 (72%)

Monday

Nothing comes to mind.

Tuesday

It was a really long day. We were scheduled to have the movers come over at 8am. So I was up at 5:00am to start prepping the house for the last minute things. The goal was to get as much done as possible before they arrived to minimize costs. They came at 8am, and then we did get some intermittent rain. Overall, not too bad. They were finished after a few hours, and then it was our turn to finish everything up. By 9:20pm, I decided to call it a night and head to bed. Unfortunately there just wasn't any opportunity to run, so I skipped it.

Wednesday

First run in the new neighborhood and an attempt to figure out a new route. Here was today's attempt. Maybe a fluffy tailed dog?

View attachment 334307

Anyone got a name for this one?

Overall, 7 miles at a T+D of 144. The pace was 8:22 with a HR of 136 (faster side of easy). Not half bad route, but not quite where I want it to be. Sandpiper trail is too thin (no shoulders and only two cars wide). So not going that way. Elevation gain was about 40 ft per mile (old route was 50 ft per mile). Knew after the run was over I may have pushed it a touch too hard on the pacing. I had full intentions of getting to sleep early, but Steph's aunt from France was in town and so it became a late night. Late night + early morning = little sleep.

Thursday

Took the day off so I could get a longer workout in. The temps were going to be awful, so I was up at 4:45am to get the run started early. I was able to get started at 5:25am. The T+D was a crisp 123 and ended at 139. This was going to be the most M Tempo miles in a single workout ever (12). And it occurred in the first week of the plan?!?! To say the least, I was nervously excited. This was the goal of this plan - slam home the M Tempo workouts to make it second nature.

Based on the temps, the pace should have been a 6:48 (GP) + 10 sec (for the first half of the training plan to be slower) + TD adjustment (1.5%-3%) = 7:04-7:11 goal pace.

6:59, 7:13, 7:01, 7:02, 6:55, 7:10 (GAP of 7:03, 7:01, 7:03, 6:42, 7:03, 7:03)

The first set was solid. The pace felt sustainable and included a nice hilly route. When taking the grade adjusted pacing into account the pace was incredibly consistent with 4/6 miles at exactly 7:03. The HR was solid as well at 144, 148, 149, 148, 148, 150. The marathon tempo was should be 148-152. So having the HR on the lower side is right on target.

I took a nice one mile lap easy, and then it was time to do another 6 miles of M Tempo. But I could tell I lost it.

7:15, 7:20, 7:29, 7:20, 7:34, 7:51 (GAP of 7:23, 7:13, 7:16, 7:27, 7:26, 7:31)

Big difference between the first and second set. I just sort of lost the groove during the easy mile and was never really able to get it back. The HR was 141, 146, 144, 144, 143, 139 so it was just a matter of losing that power. I think it was merely an effect of the little sleep from the night before, and I probably didn't eat enough food either. But I accepted the workout and moved on. Overall, I felt like it was a successful workout.

How about this route? Go go gadget dog?

View attachment 334312

Better, but I got lost on the far right. That loop was intended just to be small, but suddenly it became a whole run around the school.

We did the final cleaning of the house so that we could prepare it for the new people. G's idea was for us to paint a picture of the old house to hang in the new house. A great idea. We had an enjoyable time, but it was a tearful experience. G had a really tough time with it because she kept forgetting we were leaving and she kept looking for her toys. :sad1:

Friday

Today was the day we were finally selling our house! Everything went smoothly which is always a great thing.

It was also suppose to be one of the hottest days I've ever seen. So I thought, why not just go for it and run in the hottest temps you've ever seen since starting to run. So that T+D was 177!!! And I was super excited to give it a try. It was broiling out. Like someone left the oven open when it was set to like 500 degrees. Super intense. The feels like was 119. The goal was to completely ignore pace and just watch the HR. I wanted it to be an easy run so, I was aiming for 132. I got 127, 133, 130, 134, 130, and 135. The pace was 9:17. I just did some small laps at 2 miles. Took frequent water breaks. And originally this was suppose to be 7 miles, but I focused on the duration of the workout. So instead of 7 miles, I ended up with 5.9 miles, but the same duration goal of 55-60 min.

View attachment 334315

Another one to name? I'm thinking Narwahl.

Saturday

I decided I only wanted to test out those super temps once. So I aimed for an early start and was out the door at 8am. In my amazement the T+D was never going to be less than 160 all day. So at 8am, I set the second highest T+D ever at 167.

I just went super slow, adjusted the mileage based on duration (was to be 12 miles, but did 90 min instead). Took frequent water breaks and was more focused on HR than anything else (aiming for 137). I got a 121, 135, 137, 136, 141, 139, 136, 141, 135, 143, and 147. Was reasonably happy with the run. Ended up with an 8:43 min/mile.

View attachment 334316

Sunday

After some late night storms, the weather started to break "a bit". The T+D was "only" a 146.

View attachment 334317

Goal T pace is 6:25 + 10 seconds + TD adj (3-4%) = 6:47 to 6:51.

Was interested to see how things would play out. I increased the sleep and the calorie consumption.

6:38, 6:44

Wow, that first mile felt fantastic! Really felt like my old self out there as the legs were flying.

6:43, 6:50

Still very solid. Right on target for the pacing.

6:53, 6:54

Was feeling it there at the end of the run. But it was fantastic to get the legs flying.

Average pace of 6:47, and HR of 150, 154, 151, 156, 151, 152. Happy with it overall. The pacing was good and the HR was solid. The route was as flat as I could find, and wasn't that bad. The GAP was fairly close to the real pace (suggesting a fairly flat route).

Having the skipped run sort of threw a wrench in the week and the attempt to build the mileage. But I won't complain. Next week on tap is a 6x1+2x1 with R pacing between and a normal 12 mile LR. Time to get that mileage up! Oh, and buying our new lot and securing a building loan!!!
I remember my son was pretty emotional when we moved, glad G seems to be doing ok with it! Also great idea on the painting :-)

I'm so far behind on the boards, but at least caught up reading.

Congrats on the move even if it's sometimes hard saying goodbye to an old house. the picture with the 3 of you in front of it is so great!!

Loving all the new routes. Narwahl in particular is an inspired name choice.

I haven't tried to figure out corral stuff for Chicago. I'm assuming we'll be in one of the last two corrals though. I guess I should try and figure that out. :D

I remember my son was pretty emotional when we moved, glad G seems to be doing ok with it! Also great idea on the painting :-)

She's definitely had a string of bad behavior, but it's understandable as her whole world has been turned upside down. I'll try to remember to take a picture of the painting when I get home.

Congrats on the move even if it's sometimes hard saying goodbye to an old house. the picture with the 3 of you in front of it is so great!!

Thanks! It was a recreation of the photo from when Steph and I moved in just a little over 7 years prior.

217132_541829048721_3009546_n.jpg

img_1673-jpg.333674

Loving all the new routes. Narwahl in particular is an inspired name choice.

Maybe instead of a Unicorn, I'll be a Narwhal!

I haven't tried to figure out corral stuff for Chicago. I'm assuming we'll be in one of the last two corrals though. I guess I should try and figure that out. :D

Chicago! Excited!

90 Days to Go (Unicorns have more fun!)

IMG_1683.JPG

7/2/18 - M - OFF
7/3/18 - T - 7 miles @ EA (8:14)
7/4/18 - W - 2 mile WU + 6 x 1 mile T (6:25) w/ 1 min RI + 4 x 200m R (5:27) w/200m RI + 2 x 1 mile T (6:25) w/ 1 min RI + 3 x 200m R (5:27) w/ 200m RI + 2 mile CD (13/15)
7/5/18 - R - 7 miles @ EA (8:14)
7/6/18 - F - 7 miles @ EA (8:14)
7/7/18 - Sat - 12 miles @ EB (7:42)
7/8/18 - Sun - 12 miles @ LR (7:25) (11/11)

Running duration = 8:02 hours
Running mileage = 59.5 miles
Total (training) duration = 8:02 hours
Total (training) mileage = 59.5 miles
Number of running SOS intervals within pace = 24/26 (92%)

Monday

Nothing comes to mind.

Tuesday

Closing time!

tenor-3.gif

Everything went as expected and now we get to start this fun and exciting journey!

Decided to go for a mid-day run. T+D of 143. Tried focusing on HR and keeping it at 132 (low end easy). Ended up averaging 132 on the dot with an average pace of 8:37. Was nice to do a mid-day so I could rest up for Wednesday's 8 miles at LT run with some mile pace mixed in.

Wednesday

Excited and nervous about this run. Reintroducing R pace and giving a go at near max 60 min LT run (52 min).

I was up at 4:45am to maximize the day and out the door at 5:30. The T+D was 137 to 152 during the run. So the pace goal was 6:47-6:53 min/mile for the T pace. Pace goal for R was 41.0 seconds.

6 x 1 mile at T = 6:46, 6:45, 6:45, 6:43, 6:43, 6:50

These went really well. I was actually pulling back quite a bit to make sure I stayed close to goal pace. Unadjusted and non-Daniels adjusted for the early training is a 6:25 min/mile. The beginning of most of the intervals was in the 6:20-6:35 range and then I pulled back to make sure I hit that goal window.

4 x 200m at R = 42, 43, 42, 42

Was trying to be conservative with these. Sometimes I can get myself into trouble with these super fast paces. Felt in control throughout. Didn't have my watch set to see the "time" on the interval so I wasn't really sure whether I was being accurate with the pacing. But I just ran what felt right. Overall, happy with it.

2 x 1 mile at T = 6:47, 6:48

Still felt really good and solid. Still needing to pull back throughout the interval.

3 x 200m R = 44, 40, 41

Screwed up the design of the watch workout and so I missed the first R interval (was suppose to be 4). Felt good. Had a bit of an audience so I might of pushed it a bit too much.

Overall, a very solid workout. The T pace average was 6:46 when the goal should have been around 6:49. The R pace average was 42 seconds with a goal of 41 seconds. In all, I was 8/8 on T pace intervals and 5/7 on R pace intervals. With such a short interval I like to look at the end of the interval HR (or usually the max for that mile) and it was 154, 155, 154, 157, 157, 159, 157, and 158. The goal HR is around 156-157, so the paces seem to be right on target. Ecstatic about the run. Got a nice stretch of easy pacing for the next 2 weeks now as I build up the volume. In total, 14.5 miles in 1:58.

Thursday

A nice and easy day. A T+D of 154. Aimed again to keep the HR at 132, and averaged a 131. Pace was a 9:02 min/mile. Solid easy day.

Friday

Another nice and easy day. A T+D of 113. Aimed again to keep the HR at 132, and averaged a 128. Pace was an 8:33 min/mile. Felt a tad sluggish and thought maybe it was the shoes. Just didn't have that pop I've been looking for.

Saturday

Was looking forward to this forecast. It was an insane 95??!?!?! at 6am! I mean like really. This is crazy weather we've been having. Oh... wait.... A T+D of 95! :D

The T+D ranged from 95 to 132 during the run. I decided to try and focus on the HR at 137 (fast side of easy). Whatever happened happened.

8:03, 7:34, 7:40, 7:17, 7:37, 7:28, 7:28, 7:30, 7:32, 7:40, 7:24, 7:20

Average HR was 138. Felt like an easy run and it was nice to really open up the legs in some nice cooler weather. The pacing seemed to be all over the place while trying to keep the HR consistent. But when evaluated using Strava's Grade Adjusted Pacing:

8:11, 7:25, 7:20, 7:23, 7:26, 7:18, 7:25, 7:31, 7:22, 7:24, 7:28, 7:08

Fairly consistent when taking the elevation gains/losses into account.

Happy with it overall.

Sunday

Another nice forecast, but I decided to get some much needed sleep instead. Was out the door at 8am. The T+D ranged from 123 to 142. So the adjusted LR pace goal was 7:41 to 7:50, but I decided to go for the real LR pace (7:25) and possibly adjusted at 7:31 to 7:40.

7:41, 7:27, 7:35, 7:21, 7:26, 7:21, 7:23, 7:17, 7:16, 7:25, 7:19, 7:22

Solid. I knew early on that the pace adjustment was probably not needed and so I just went with the LR unadjusted pace of a 7:25. I kept trying to hold back but it felt nice to be running this pace so I went with it. The effort felt strong, comfortable, and on target. Final HR average was 143, which is a touch outside the goal of 138-142. The GAP showed nice consistency again:

7:48, 7:18, 7:15, 7:27, 7:14, 7:12, 7:20, 7:17, 7:07, 7:09, 7:22, 7:08

Really solid pacing overall when taking the elevation gains/losses into account.

Next week is going to be fun. Stepping up the volume to 71 miles (9 hours). A 14 miler on Tues/Thurs and a 12/17 back to back for the weekend. But all kept at easy aerobic pacing. I feel like I'm in a good place right now with my highest VO2max score (58) since back in December (hitting a one time peak of 60). The only difference between December and now is likely my weight because the HRvPace graph is nearly identical (and even with the higher T+D now vs December). But I've promised myself not to weigh myself during this training cycle and to continue to eat as much as I can while still feeling good. Trying not to sabotage myself with any calorie deficit and training to win this cycle.

An interesting thing to note:

I've been exclusively running for about 2 months now. My training load "Fitness" on 7/9/2017 was 57.7 and on 7/8/2018 is 57.1. This means I'm now in roughly the same spot as last year entering a similar training period of time. So all in all, I've finally reversed the effects of the time off when it comes to my training load. Only took about 7 months!

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 8.32.00 AM.png

An interesting thing to note:

I've been exclusively running for about 2 months now. My training load "Fitness" on 7/9/2017 was 57.7 and on 7/8/2018 is 57.1. This means I'm now in roughly the same spot as last year entering a similar training period of time. So all in all, I've finally reversed the effects of the time off when it comes to my training load. Only took about 7 months!

View attachment 335752
You switched to HRSS!! Is it just me or is the overtraining bar much higher than the previous TRIMP model?!

Also, love new feature for approximating training load w/o HR data! It’s great for those random dead watch days lol, plus very usuefull for a coach w/ athletes who don’t have HR monitors yet :-)

You switched to HRSS!! Is it just me or is the overtraining bar much higher than the previous TRIMP model?!

Well the HRSS "Fitness" and "Fatigue" output values appear to be lower than the old TRIMP values. So since the "Form" is the difference between the two, and since "overtraining" represents +30 difference between the two (and not a % difference), then yes the bar to overtraining is indeed higher than previously.

Example:

TRIMP Easy workout = 81 points per hr
TRIMP LR workout = 112 points per hr

Diff = 31 point diff

HRSS Easy workout = 50 points per hr
HRSS LR workout = 68 points per hr

Diff = 18 point diff

These were the same workout (duration and HR) and thus should have the same point value if converted back and forth. But since the "overtraining" designation is based on the raw difference in values, then having higher values with a higher spread between workouts means obtaining a +30 difference would be easier.

Also, love new feature for approximating training load w/o HR data! It’s great for those random dead watch days lol, plus very usuefull for a coach w/ athletes who don’t have HR monitors yet :-)

Yea, I'll be interested to see how well it approximates this type of information given a lack of a very critical aspect (HR data). I'll have to dig into it more.

Well the HRSS "Fitness" and "Fatigue" output values appear to be lower than the old TRIMP values. So since the "Form" is the difference between the two, and since "overtraining" represents +30 difference between the two (and not a % difference), then yes the bar to overtraining is indeed higher than previously.

Example:

TRIMP Easy workout = 81 points per hr
TRIMP LR workout = 112 points per hr

Diff = 31 point diff

HRSS Easy workout = 50 points per hr
HRSS LR workout = 68 points per hr

Diff = 18 point diff

These were the same workout (duration and HR) and thus should have the same point value if converted back and forth. But since the "overtraining" designation is based on the raw difference in values, then having higher values with a higher spread between workouts means obtaining a +30 difference would be easier.

Yea, I'll be interested to see how well it approximates this type of information given a lack of a very critical aspect (HR data). I'll have to dig into it more.
Ah, that makes sense! Also, just got confirmation that I’ve been moved to coral B :-D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!