To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

cu-tie-pie!

Adorable! :)

OMGGGGGGG. I love them all, but the the third and fifth pics are so cute!

Your house looks so cozy!! And omg GiGi!! :lovestruc

Amazing pictures. That child has the most beautiful head of hair!

Thanks guys! The photographer was an old college friend I haven't seen in 10 years and they have a 3 year old son named Grey. The two of them were a hoot. I have a feeling the "Gs" are going to be trouble together. Very much the same kids.

Sweet Spot Base - Mid Volume Phase 1 - Week 2

12/3/18 - M - OFF
12/4/18 - T - 21 df + Ericsson (60 min; 64 TSS)
12/5/18 - W - Carter (45 min; 34 TSS) + 21df
12/6/18 - R - 21 df + Carson (60 min; 65 TSS)
12/7/18 - F - OFF
12/8/18 - Sa - 21 df + Tunemah (90 min; 102 TSS)
12/9/18 - Su - Leavitt + 2 (90 min; 96 TSS) + 21df

Total Training Time - 8:30 hours
Total Biking TSS - 361 TSS

Monday - OFF

Tuesday - 21 day fix with Steph. Don't remember which one we did. The did the "Ericsson" workout which was 4 x 8 min at 95% FTP workouts. This would be similar to a LT workout. It also included some extra drills. In the beginning were some single leg presses. Unclipping and reclipping the shoes was a bit of a chore, but it was nice to focus on the single leg and aim to achieve the workout. Then during each of the intervals I was to slowly increase the cadence as time passed. Overall a solid workout.

Wednesday - Steph had to work late so I did the bike workout first. An easy one today (Carter) which was mostly at 70% FTP for the entire workout. I don't remember any extra drills in this one. Steph got home and then we did 21 day fix afterwards.

Thursday - 21 day fix with Steph. I really have to remember to write down what we actually did with these. The bike workout was "Carson". It was 88% to 95% FTP for 2 x 5 min, 2 x 6 min, and 2 x 7 min. This was also a climbing simulator so it wanted me to slow my cadence way down. The goal was 70-80 rpm instead of my normal 85-95.

Friday - We decided to run some errands instead so we didn't end up doing 21 day fix. This was also to be a bike off day anyways.

Saturday - 21 day fix with Steph was cardio core. Maybe not the best choice leading into a intense biking workout. The bike workout was Tunemah and I was already tired heading into it from the 21df. The bike workout consisted of 3 sets of over/unders. A period of time spent at 95% FTP and 105% FTP. 2 min up and 2 min down. I think this workout was harder than last week's Saturday workout, but I was able to hit the workout better than last week. I was just completely drenched in sweat at the end. Only had to stop once. Solid.

Sunday - Did the bike first today. It was another 90 min hard workout. Leavitt +2. It was a long consistent effort without breaks with pace around 80-90% FTP. Solid workout that didn't feel as tough as Saturday's even though the TSS was similar (the Intensity Factor was similar as well). Then afterwards Steph and I did upper body workout on 21df.

Solid week overall. Only one week of 21 day fix left and then we move on to 80 Day Obsession. Elevate (used to be Stravistix) shows me heading in the right direction when it comes to training load. My ankle had been bothering me again, but this was probably the best week since October. My ankle has a tendency to want to be "cracked" like a person would do to their fingers. But I made a conscious effort not to ever do it voluntarily. It cracked a few times just on it's own, but not a single time did I choose to do it. I think that's definitely helping the healing process and may have been a contributing factor to it lingering. Here's to hoping.

I might have missed it earlier ... what's the "21 day fix" and what are you trying to fix?

Also, don't know if you heard...there's a marathon down in Disney next month? Wanna come down?

I might have missed it earlier ... what's the "21 day fix" and what are you trying to fix?

Also, don't know if you heard...there's a marathon down in Disney next month? Wanna come down?

21 day fix is a Beachbody routine.

https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/21-day-fix-hub

I’m using it with Steph to increase my strength work as a supplemental excercise. They are about 30 min each. Then starting next week I’m doing 80 Day Obsession (60 min workouts).

Lol, I’m in no shape to be running a marathon in a few weeks (let alone the cost issue). I’m hoping to be back in 2020.

How do you and Steph like the fix, overall? Are you planning on doing doubles for week three? I’ve only been doing Pilates and yoga on off days but I’m afraid to start a full 21 day plan this close to marathon as I always manage to strain a hip flexor or tweak my back (which I suppose I could do running too)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!