to split or not to split for anniversary trip?

Icecoldpenguin

May the Force Be With You
I am looking at booking our 4 night stay for our anniversary first weekend in july. Right now I can book all 4 nights at kidani with a savanna view or I can split the trip 2 nights at kidani savanna view and 2 nights at Boardwalk with a garden/pool view. These would both be studio rooms. We have stayed at AKL before in a savanna room and liked it we have never stayed at boardwalk. What are your opinions should we split or not?

A split stay for only a 4 day stay is not really maximizing your time. You need to pack up and check out of one room and head to the other and unpack. I would just book the 4 nights at AKV and if you want to try something new go ahead and wait list your entire stay at BWV and if it comes through you can pick the option where it will cancel your existing AKV reservation. Good luck!

My answer would be a definite maybe!

We do splits all the time. However most trips are longer and we will do a couple 2-3 days at one resort and 4-5 at another.

The nice thing with the split will be that you will get to try out BWV and see if you like it for future trips.

Being your anniversary if its just two of you being able to walk to EPCOT for dinner and walk the boardwalk will be nice.

We had a last minute trip where we actually did a 3 way split to experience resorts that we had not stayed in. We understood what we were doing and even had Bell Services move our luggage, knowing that we would not see it for most of the day. We planned our days appropriately (had backpack with bathing suits etc), did not rush to get in the room or luggage and had a great time.

All depends on what you like to do. We have friends who need to unpack every item when they travel and are obsessed with worrying about all the details.

One thing that we did was on the day we were checking in at BWV after staying elsewhere we visited a park near there. We took a break from the park, checked in got our keys so when room was ready we could go to it if we wanted to. After getting keys it was to the pool or back to the park.

We do splits all the time but we do a minimum of 3 nights at each resort preferable 4. For a 4 night stay in my opinion that is way too short to split. I would do Kidani

I would not do a split on a four night stay, and this is coming from someone who LOVES doing split stays! My opinion is you should stay at Boardwalk. Wouldn't you LOVE being able to easily walk over to the World Showcase? There are so many restaurant choices around the area and the close proximity to EPCOT would seal the deal for me.

Good luck as you decide and Happy Anniversary!

We're doing a 3-night VWL and 1-night BWV in December. We plan to pack up and move to BWV, check in, hit Epcot for lunch in WS at 11:00 then DHS for a bit and back to Epcot.

Hopefully, when we head back to DHS our room will be ready so we can freshen up before hitting Epcot for the evening.

I figured we won't really unpack at BWV. I absolutely love AKV and cup of coffee in the morning overlooking the savannah is divine. But that bus ride home at the end of a long day is a downer.

I'd see how your park and dining plans work out then decide where to stay. A nice dinner at Flying Fish and a stroll around the Boardwalk for an anniversary would be lovely.

We do split stay every time we visit, but for four nights I would just stay at BWV since you have already stayed at AKV. It takes time to pack up, call bell services, pay your bill, go to the new resort get your room keys and if your room is not ready, wait for a phone call, transfer tickets (if you do Magic Your Way) etc... AKV is our favorite resort and it is hard to not stay there every time. Plus since it your anniversary trip staying close to Epcot will give you a lot of nice dining choices :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter