Today’s installment of People Are Strange

Gumbo4x4

Note to the ladies who forgot to
DD17 went to the movies yesterday with 2 friends. Theatre was empty when they went in, so they sat pretty much right in the center - DD in the middle of her two much taller friends (her 5’4”, her friends 5’10” and 6’4”).

Just before the movie started, a couple came in, making a total of 5 people in a theatre with 100+ seats. They sit directly behind DD’s friends with an empty seat between them, and then talked through the entire film.

Them sitting behind me wouldn’t have bothered me; the talking would have.

It’s just so odd that they’d choose to sit directly behind the only other people in a nearly empty theatre - and then to sit with a seat in between them unoccupied.

But yes, the talking was by far the biggest annoyance (according to DD).

It’s just so odd that they’d choose to sit directly behind the only other people in a nearly empty theatre - and then to sit with a seat in between them unoccupied.

But yes, the talking was by far the biggest annoyance (according to DD).

Maybe the other people have regular seats and they just happened to be behind your daughter.

When I go to the movies with my husband we always leave a seat between us. He’s 6’7 and he spills into my seat if we sit together. When I go to the movies with my dad we sit in different rows because we both like the aisle seat. We’re usually one behind the other and don’t talk until the movie is over.

DD17 went to the movies yesterday with 2 friends. Theatre was empty when they went in, so they sat pretty much right in the center - DD in the middle of her two much taller friends (her 5’4”, her friends 5’10” and 6’4”).

Just before the movie started, a couple came in, making a total of 5 people in a theatre with 100+ seats. They sit directly behind DD’s friends with an empty seat between them, and then talked through the entire film.

I definitely wouldn't purposely sit behind someone tall when I had so many other options!

Most people are sheep and comfortable amongst others (even strangers) it’s why I know people are lying when they say they hate traffic....No you don’t you seek comfort in being surrounded by people going nowhere

Most people are sheep and comfortable amongst others (even strangers) it’s why I know people are lying when they say they hate traffic....No you don’t you seek comfort in being surrounded by people going nowhere
I despise traffic, I’m claustrophobic. If I’m in a waiting room, I strategically sit in a seat with the least chance of having to sit next to someone. I prefer aisle seats, and if not, DH sits next to the stranger.

Baa.. Baa!

I don’t agree with the traffic analogy but I do agree with the rest. It’s “herd mentality.” People go where others are naturally. It’s why it seems like everyone at the grocery store is checking out at the same time or when you park out in the middle of nowhere and there are spaces all around, you go back out and someone has parked right next to you.

I don’t agree with the traffic analogy but I do agree with the rest. It’s “herd mentality.” People go where others are naturally. It’s why it seems like everyone at the grocery store is checking out at the same time or when you park out in the middle of nowhere and there are spaces all around, you go back out and someone has parked right next to you.
Agreed, my traffic analogy certainly needs some clarity ( I see cars hanging in packs instead of speeding up to take advantage of some open road for instance)

I suppose you daughter and her friends could have moved, but the strange couple probably would have moved right behind them again.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

About 25 years ago my now ex-wife and I were just about finished eating at a table at the State Fair. There were about a dozen long tables under the tent and only two or three were occupied. This weird hillbilly family comes and sits down right next to us. Think Cletus and family from The Simpsons.

EVERY time DH and I go to the movies it never fails that in an empty theater someone will come in and sit right in front of, behind or NEXT to us. Doesn't matter where we sit. I like that the theater near us upgraded to lounge seats that fully recline. The space between the rows is so huge that no matter who sits in front of or behind you you are miles away.

We'll see it all the time with reserved seats. We like to sit in the middle and sure enough we'll check the seats and there's people right in front or behind us. We like to sit up top (especially in the big theaters because there's a bathroom right off the top of the theater) and in the middle so I guess prime spots.

The talking would def. annoy me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!