Today was my FP 60 day - my experience

delgrec

Mouseketeer
Good morning!

So today I woke up to do my FP’s. Just wanted to share some random info on my experiences. Trip 12/19-12/28 onsite split stay

1) had no issues securing the hot ticket FP’s by starting towards the end of trip. For FOP on 60 + 6 and SDD on 60 + 7. There were options at all times. All FP’s I wanted I was able to get.

2) MDX was incredibly glitchy. Both on mobile and computer (although computer was worse). Sometimes it would allow me to do my whole trip and other times it was only showing the first part of my split stay. I would have to log out and go back in every time it only showed the first part. Also just other random glitches that occurred

3) DHS really doesn’t have any good tier 2’s (besides maybe star tours) as I know has been a complaint. But I guess I didn’t realize just how annoying it would be until I had to pick random things that I had no interest in.

4) overall, for it being the busiest week in Disney, I am totally happy with everything I was able to get and can’t wait to go!!’

Last edited:
I made my FP a month ago for our trip over thanksgiving and found MDX to be very glitchy as well. I found the mobile app to be much better than the website sadly. Also, I don’t know about you but I could not get my times to live up perfectly. I had to go back the next day and update the times so they were mostly one after the other.

I think you are experiencing two abnormal circumstances with your trip. I honestly believe the crowds will be less this Christmastime. Many are holding off for the 50th celebration coming and not going this year. In addition, there's too much construction going on especially with Epcot. Finally, you have a 10 day trip and that makes it much easier to get fastpasses especially when you start with the later days. I'm happy for you but it's not the norm.

I think you are experiencing two abnormal circumstances with your trip. I honestly believe the crowds will be less this Christmastime. Many are holding off for the 50th celebration coming and not going this year. In addition, there's too much construction going on especially with Epcot. Finally, you have a 10 day trip and that makes it much easier to get fastpasses especially when you start with the later days. I'm happy for you but it's not the norm.

I wouldn't give anyone false hope. It's still going to be packed. Most people who go to Disney have no idea about construction or the 50th anniversary.

Good morning!

So today I woke up to do my FP’s. Just wanted to share some random info on my experiences. Trip 12/19-12/28 onsite split stay

1) had no issues securing the hot ticket FP’s by starting towards the end of trip. For FOP on 60 + 6 and SDD on 60 + 7. There were options at all times. All FP’s I wanted I was able to get.

2) MDX was incredibly glitchy. Both on mobile and computer (although computer was worse). Sometimes it would allow me to do my whole trip and other times it was only showing the first part of my split stay. I would have to log out and go back in every time it only showed the first part. Also just other random glitches that occurred

3) DHS really doesn’t have any good tier 2’s (besides maybe star tours) as I know has been a complaint. But I guess I didn’t realize just how annoying it would be until I had to pick random things that I had no interest in.

4) overall, for it being the busiest week in Disney, I am totally happy with everything I was able to get and can’t wait to go!!’

I had the same experience last week. Glitchy as heck, and persnickety about who I could book for and when. I woudl need to refresh and after a while it was okay. Very nerve wracking.

I also have teh same opinion in DHS. SO many tier 1 attractions and no reall interest in the tier 2. I would rather chew glass and die then go back on Star tours.

I did get all I really wanted, although not in the order I would normally have chosen them, but by the time that MDE got organized, I was a mess, took the day it allowed me to book and moved on.

Frankly, I think that Disney is releasing more FP for some of the popular attractions, but hope that is not the case.

Today was our fastpass day, too. We logged on right at 7am and got all of the rides we wanted, but not all at the times we wanted (some mornings only had late evening availability left, etc). We grabbed everything anyway and hope to modify the later times in the coming weeks. I’m pretty stoked because I was really worried we were going to be locked out of some of the more coveted ones earlier in our trip.

In comparison, we went on Christmas week through New Years in 2017, and the ability to get fastpasses for this trip was wayyyy more difficult in my opinion. I think some of that might be more knowledge among park goers on planning strategies and the 90 day FP options, but I’m preparing for a stark increase in crowds, as well...😬😬😬

Our fast pass day was yesterday. We were able to get everything we wanted . We did not experience glitches just needed to be a little flexible with timing. I too don't like the tiering at DHS. We are not Disney do or die people, but we have not been since the opening of Toy Story Land which we want to experience so between that and of course Galaxy Edge, we will be spending a fair amount of time there. We are not fooling ourselves about the crowds, but will pack our patience . Hope everyone as a wonderful trip and holiday!!

That's awesome everyone has gotten all the fp they wanted. We are doing a split stay and I did my FP a few days ago. To my surprise didn't have any issues. I used the Disney app this time and had no glitches or problems. I had done them on the computer on previous trips and had lots of issues. We also got everything we wanted. I was worried because I had to work and didn't get to book them for several hours after our booking window opened but still got FOP, SDD, and 7DMT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!