Today's Podcast - DAS Changes

Angel Ariel

DIS Veteran
@Teleclashter @WebmasterCorey -

First, I do want to say thank you for covering the DAS changes today, given it was breaking news when the podcast went live.

Please consider doing a follow-up perhaps next week or the week after with someone who is actually disabled/requires DAS to access the parks. Your moderators on the disABILITIES forum are great (@SueM in MN @lanejudy ). There are knowledgeable posters there with lots of experience with the current system (and past systems).

It's really important to have authentic representation of DAS users' experiences in a conversation like this one, and while today's conversation was good, that view was missing.

My daughter has type1 diabetes and always qualified for das..we are returning in August will she still be able to qualify?

Unless she had complications why on earth would she. My 50 year old son has 1 and he would never be considered disabled.
I am wondering this too. And I mean this with all due respect, why can a person with diabetes type 1 not wait in line? We have a few family friends with type 1 and they don't use DAS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter