Tokyo Disney Auditions

Tink91

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I know this isn't about Disneyland but I want my Disneyland friends advice.
They are holding Tokyo Disney auditions in Sydney, Australia next week and if you get accepted you get to work over in the park for a dew months with a private apartment etc. The problem is, I can't sing or dance and cannot be an aerialist. Should I give up now before I give my hopes up???

If you can't sing or dance and they're auditioning for a stage show or performance oriented jobs involving singing, dancing and/or acting, then yes, you should not waste your time. I have friends who are working in Fla in one of the shows and they also worked in Tokyo DL. They had to audition twice before they got accepted to TDL and twice for WDW and they can sing, dance and act, and they were veterans of the TDL shows and still had to audition twice before being accepted. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Its just for character auditions, here is the description:

Disney Character Look-alikes
For: Tokyo Disney Resort
Audition City: Sydney, Australia
Looking For: Face Characters
Disney Auditions, in association with Oriental Land Company (OLC) is seeking Disney Character Look-alikes for an incredible array of live entertainment at Tokyo Disneyland® Park and Tokyo DisneySea® Park.

Performers bring exciting, up close entertainment to guests through meet and greets and daily parades, to a rousing, fun-filled musical featuring Cinderella, Snow White, Prince Charming and many others.

Four to eight month contracts begin February/March 2010. Performers receive $590 (US dollars) per week, per diem, round trip travel, private apartments, 5-day work weeks, and the chance to experience one of the world’s most fascinating and vibrant cities.

Audition Location:

Seymour Theatre Centre
University of Sydney
Corner of City Rd and Cleveland St
Chippendale NSW 2006
Australia

Entrance through the Stage Door at the rear of the building. For directions to the Theatre and information on parking, please click HERE

Sign-in: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM

Seeking the following roles:

Seeking engaging male and female performers to portray our classic Disney Princes and Princesses and the Disney Fairies; strong candidates should resemble the Characters in look, height and personality (Females 4'11" - 5'7", Males 5' - 6'). Strong movement ability is required. Performers bring exciting, up close entertainment to guests through meet and greets, daily parades, and special events. ($590 U.S. dollars per week plus per diem)

Requirements:

Applicants must be at least 18 years old.

Please bring a current headshot and resume.

Performers must be willing to relocate to Tokyo for the length of their contract.

Please be prepared to learn a movement routine.

The problem is, I can't sing or dance and cannot be an aerialist. Should I give up now before I give my hopes up???

Its just for character auditions, here is the description:
Strong movement ability is required. Performers bring exciting, up close entertainment to guests through meet and greets, daily parades, and special events. ($590 U.S. dollars per week plus per diem)
Please be prepared to learn a movement routine.

I don't know what else to say...If you go, I wish you well. It sounds like you will have to learn choreography. And if you've seen any of the parades and shows, you know there is a lot of choreography.

What they want is face characters - princesses etc.
I know someone who is Peter Pan at Tokyo DL. (in parades mainly)
It is exciting but also difficult. It is a very different life and you do get homesick.
It is why it says on all the documents - Performers must be willing to relocate to Tokyo for the length of their contract.
The look on the face of the Indiana Jones performer outside the ride when he saw us - westerners - said it all...I suspect he was near the end of his contract.

I didn't end up going, I have found another option for when I start studying. Thanks for your advice though :)

Hello my names ashlyne,
im currently searching for the audition dates for tokyo disney dance auditions in australia.. Anyone know??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter