***Tokyo Disney Resort - FAQ***

Thank you! Now when you say front of the line...does that mean hotel guests get to go through the gates 10-15 mins before, and wait in the main plaza area until rope drop? I'm curious to see exactly how this works cause it doesn't seem to be much of a perk.

Now when you say front of the line...does that mean hotel guests get to go through the gates 10-15 mins before, and wait in the main plaza area until rope drop?

For TDL, there is a separate line for hotel guests (in the center of the entrance plaza). You'll be let in 10-15 minutes before the rest of the guests. You can enter Main Street/World Bazaar and go part-way into the lands. On the Tomorrowland side, the internal rope drop at official opening time is just north of Space Mountain, which means that you could get a Fastpass for Monsters, Inc. or Space Mountain on the way (most of the crowd is headed to Pooh in Fantasyland when the park officially opens). On one occasion Monsters, Inc. was open to ride, but I'm not sure if that's typical.

I don't have personal experience with hotel entry at TDS, but understand that MiraCosta guests are allowed to enter the park early through the hotel entrance but are held in the Mediterranean Harbor area until official opening time.

Hm, that's no fun if you're just held back and don't get a chance to ride any attractions or even get Fast Passes. :confused3

Hm, that's no fun if you're just held back and don't get a chance to ride any attractions or even get Fast Passes. :confused3

It may not be "fun" but the head start is a perk. Rope drop in Tokyo is a sight to behold - unlike in the U.S., there are no apparent restrictions on running, etc., and all the normal rules of polite Japanese behavior go out the window.

Jsilvers is right, it's a pretty big advantage! One thing the makes it separate from the US parks parks is that people full out run. On top of that people are organized and many times work in groups whether to get FP (assigning tickets to the fastest runner) or to get a good position for a show or greeting (have the fast group run and slower people carry the bags with equipment). I have a video of when people start running in from inside TDS from one time that we used early entry and will try to upload it so you can see but it is a little scary.

Hi DreamSweetsLove, could you please explain more about the Japanese site you posted regarding crowds?

We are planing to visit Disney Sea on May 28 and Disneyland on May 29. For both days, I see a small green box that has the number 18 in it - what does this mean?

There are also numbers under the green box: a red 25/a blue 17 - what does this mean?

And I know there is a highlighted box regarding FPs but have no clue what it says.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi DreamSweetsLove, could you please explain more about the Japanese site you posted regarding crowds?

We are planing to visit Disney Sea on May 28 and Disneyland on May 29. For both days, I see a small green box that has the number 18 in it - what does this mean?

There are also numbers under the green box: a red 25/a blue 17 - what does this mean?

And I know there is a highlighted box regarding FPs but have no clue what it says.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi Mlozam,
The red and blue number should be the high and low temperature for that day. The box in the middle is the crowd estimate, so 18 would be about 18, 000 people. For the Standby/FP chart the times at the top are the max wait times and time chart is an estimation of what time FP's given at the machines run out and can be used for. Notice Toy story Mania FP is gone within the first hour. Raging FP's are given out until fairly late on weekdays but on weekends 20,000 leagues and Storm Rider are the last to run out.

Hm, I wonder if FPs are available as soon as the parks open? It'd be great to be able to get FPs for Tower of Terror and then go over to Toy Story Mania or viceversa.

What would be wisest to do? Plan on visiting the Resort the week right before Golden Week or the week right after to avoid huge crowds, and enjoy warmer/sunnier(?) weather, or visit at the end of March/beginning of April to see the Cherry Blossoms while risking rainy/colder days? :confused3:

Actually it has been somewhat chilly in Tokyo for Golden Week 2013! It's warming up a bit now but there's no guarantee of nicer weather just because it's May!

Personally I would say go for the cherry blossoms. You can always wear a coat and bring an umbrella if it's cool/rainy. The cherry blossoms are *phenomenal*, one of my favorite parts of living in Japan.

I'm giving serious thoughts to going, as I've always wanted to visit Japan.

I was wondering how easy is it to get distilled water? I would be bringing a CPAP machine, I know I would bring a power converter, but not sure how readily available distilled water would be there.

I hear that guests of the Disney , Miracosta and Ambassador Hotels get many perks. Such as Fast Passes, complimentary Monorail tickets, and the ability to get into the parks early if you stay at any of the main three Disney Hotels. Does one hotel in particular offer more, or better goodies? Can anyone who's stayed at the Resort recently please confirm any of this?

Thank you! :thumbsup2

I have answered some of these questions in a post I wrote on Miracosta Hotel - Unfortunately I'm unable to link it here as I am still too new to the site, but you should be able to find it.

I'm giving serious thoughts to going, as I've always wanted to visit Japan.

I was wondering how easy is it to get distilled water? I would be bringing a CPAP machine, I know I would bring a power converter, but not sure how readily available distilled water would be there.

Distilled water is jo-ryu-sui (蒸留水) in Japanese, you should be able to find it at any pharmacy including the one in Ikspiari. I think you can find it in supermarkets too but not 100% sure.

Distilled water is jo-ryu-sui (蒸留水) in Japanese, you should be able to find it at any pharmacy including the one in Ikspiari. I think you can find it in supermarkets too but not 100% sure.

Thanks! I know I won't be making it there this year, as I've got too much already planned, but hoping to have something for next year.

Going to WDW in July, then work travel blackout, then a cruise and Christmas in Florida in December.

Arigato! [apologies if that is incorrect]

Here's another question. How do you say "Can we please have the front/first row?" in Japanese That will come in handy for Tower of Terror, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Sinbad, 20,000 Leagues and Pooh's Honey Hunt.

:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!