Tokyo Disney Resort - paying for meals

doombuggy

Has visited every Disney park in the world
so we are going in October for my birthday as part of a china & Japan 2 week trip. The longest segment of the trip is going to be spent at TDR - arriving Monday and checking out Friday to move on to Kyoto.

I have a Capital One card that I like to use when out of the country (I am US citizen) and wanted to know do the quick serve and sit down dining take credit cards?

We were able to use credit cards at the quick serve places. I think a few of the food carts might have taken cash only, but I'm not sure. We didn't try any sit-down dining, but from what I've heard, all of those places will take credit cards too.

I appreciated having an ATM card that didn't incur foreign transaction fees. We needed cash for things like the monorail tickets.

We had no problems using a credit card at both quick service and sit down places. It always went though very quickly, unlike other places in Japan where it sometimes took a while to go through. Not sure if this is typical, but all the TDR charges didn't hit until about 3 weeks after. Maybe they do some sort of batch processing.

Our (Australian) credit cards worked fine at restaurants, shops etc but we had some issues with ATMs. Some worked, some didn't. Just makes sure you've got cash for food carts etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter