Tokyo Disney Website Help

PrincessDisneyFan

Earning My Ears
The day is finally here! I get to attempt to buy the two packages that I want 6 months from my trip.

The plan is get Mira Costa for 2 nights with a show ticket package

Then do DLH for 2 nights with the FP attraction package

*I understand that the breakfasts will overlap and such... but this way we make sure to get to see the shows we want to see and have extra FPs*

But two questions. One is what is the official Japanese Time of room releases on their site? *can't remember where I read that.

The other is... people who have recently charged using US credit cards... what was your success with a MC verses a VISA?

I have both... I'd prefer to use my VISA (love getting my amazon points)... but can do the MC as well

Thank you for you help in advance... Oh and send good juju been watching the site crash on other people and its sooooo annoying.

11 AM JST.

I have to say I’m not really understanding what you plan to do :laughing: If you’re booking two nights at each hotel then you have no overlapping breakfasts, but you do need to go back two days later to make the second reservation.

I have used Visa & Amex for various things on TDR’s website. The “MasterCard only” thing stopped a few years ago & only lasted about a month so I’m not sure why this information is still being passed around. Call Chase beforehand and let them know what you plan to do, just in case.

11 AM JST.

I have to say I’m not really understanding what you plan to do :laughing: If you’re booking two nights at each hotel then you have no overlapping breakfasts, but you do need to go back two days later to make the second reservation.

I have used Visa & Amex for various things on TDR’s website. The “MasterCard only” thing stopped a few years ago & only lasted about a month so I’m not sure why this information is still being passed around. Call Chase beforehand and let them know what you plan to do, just in case.

Thanks a ton... for the life of me I was having Japan-time brain farts... I've been planning this trip over a year and a half so everything is starting to mesh together... Ghibli is my next hurdle (which JTB USA is claiming we need to contact May... I'm worried about the 3 month start time of the RP itself) We want to do Ghibli on September 24th... they are telling us to contact them mid-may... but we don't arrive into japan until Sep 23... so isn't that over 3 months to use the voucher *really confused*

And yes I will be going back on Monday... to get the other two nights with the different package. (The hubby and I couldn't decide which hotel we wanted to stay at or which package to choose) so since we can only book 2 night packages at a time... we just figured both (so I guess I find out if my VISA works) then do this all over again in 2 days

I'm all over the place I know LOL

Thanks a ton... for the life of me I was having Japan-time brain farts... I've been planning this trip over a year and a half so everything is starting to mesh together... Ghibli is my next hurdle (which JTB USA is claiming we need to contact May... I'm worried about the 3 month start time of the RP itself) We want to do Ghibli on September 24th... they are telling us to contact them mid-may... but we don't arrive into japan until Sep 23... so isn't that over 3 months to use the voucher *really confused*

And yes I will be going back on Monday... to get the other two nights with the different package. (The hubby and I couldn't decide which hotel we wanted to stay at or which package to choose) so since we can only book 2 night packages at a time... we just figured both (so I guess I find out if my VISA works) then do this all over again in 2 days

Tagging @Haley R because I know she just dealt with JTB for Ghibli & she might have some advice for you :)

For Ghibli tickets, you need to buy the tickets 3 months in advance. For September, you should send in your order request around May 28 for buying the tickets on June 1 for tickets in September. I am sending my request next week for my tickets on July 8. JTB can buy tickets on my behalf on April 1 for any day in July. You can’t buy the tickets day of since they run out as soon as they are open for purchase by JTB 3 months before the month you are visiting. Hope this makes sense.

Tagging @Haley R because I know she just dealt with JTB for Ghibli & she might have some advice for you :)
I sent mine a little before 3 months and they told me to wait another 2-3 weeks. I ended up turning ours in after 3 months because that’s when they asked. Also, they don’t email you back or anything saying they got your request so don’t freak out and submit two like I did lol. They were like, “do you need two orders? You sent in two?” And if you end up needing to switch anything on your form you have to submit a whole new one (they can’t just change the details for you for some reason). I was really stressed about it because they’re closed almost the entire time we’re in Tokyo but we got tickets for the day they open back up!

I just wanted to confirm what MKTokyo said about calling Visa first before charging. I didn't do this when I tried to reserve my room at DLH and got denied. I then used my MC and I got a text right away from MC asking if I approved this charge and etc. Calling Chase beforehand will definitely make the process run smoother.

We called Chase prior to trying to make the reservation, and still needed to make a second verification.

The day is finally here! I get to attempt to buy the two packages that I want 6 months from my trip.

The plan is get Mira Costa for 2 nights with a show ticket package

Then do DLH for 2 nights with the FP attraction package

*I understand that the breakfasts will overlap and such... but this way we make sure to get to see the shows we want to see and have extra FPs*

But two questions. One is what is the official Japanese Time of room releases on their site? *can't remember where I read that.

The other is... people who have recently charged using US credit cards... what was your success with a MC verses a VISA?

I have both... I'd prefer to use my VISA (love getting my amazon points)... but can do the MC as well

Thank you for you help in advance... Oh and send good juju been watching the site crash on other people and its sooooo annoying.

So, dying to know how it went.
Did you get the reservations your were hoping for?

11 AM JST.

I tried a month ago to purchase tickets for TDR/Disney Sea. I called my card holders before attempting to ensure they would not stop them. None of my cards would work, visa or master card. Kept coming up with need to be "secure" or something like that. I gave up after trying for two weeks in a row. I purchased a one day ticket through Voyagin and will upgrade to the three day ticket after gaining entrance to the park or at our hotel.

I was able to reserve our hotel (Tokyo Hilton Bay) with the visa through the Hilton Honors app. But not able to purchase park tickets.

I tried a month ago to purchase tickets for TDR/Disney Sea. I called my card holders before attempting to ensure they would not stop them. None of my cards would work, visa or master card. Kept coming up with need to be "secure" or something like that. I gave up after trying for two weeks in a row. I purchased a one day ticket through Voyagin and will upgrade to the three day ticket after gaining entrance to the park or at our hotel.

I was able to reserve our hotel (Tokyo Hilton Bay) with the visa through the Hilton Honors app. But not able to purchase park tickets.
If you get the 3D Secure screen (Verified by Visa, etc), you just need to call the card issuer at that time & tell them it is a valid transaction. While it helps to call in advance, you sometimes need to call in real time. The charge will go through on the next attempt once cleared by the card issuer.

If you try to do a test run booking a hotel room, you will see what kind of credit cards can be used for booking. You have to get something called 3D Secure for your credit card. My Elite World MasterCard already has that feature so I had no problem using it except the website was down and it didn’t go through the first time. I called my credit card and was assured that it would be ok, so I tried again and it went through the second time. When I tried to book a hotel room only reservation a month later, I had no problem at all.

So, dying to know how it went.
Did you get the reservations your were hoping for?

Good News and Bad News... I was on and prepared at 9:59 pm est our time... right as it hit 11 AM Japan time I quickly refreshed the page... And... it spun for like 30 seconds and went through. So yay we actually “had” a Porto side room with a double bed! I went through the entire process of setting up our Big Band Beat show time... our breakfast times... and our 2nd Mirage Show time. Then I got to the dreaded charge screen. And my dumb butt fat fingered my CC number. Noticing right before I hit send I made the rookie mistake of trying to hit the back button to fix the number which I knew would have failed. And then to my horror the website crashed. And all of sudden it was “temporarily unavailable”. I was devastated... but had a backup plan in place. My husband was on a 2nd computer and get through after 8 minutes of resfreshing his link. But of course we could no longer get the double bed... which is not the end of the world. He could still choose the Porto Side. 2 twin beds.

So we go through the whole process again setting up the times and breakfasts so now it’s timd to enter the card again. (Which he did properly).

Side note I had called Chase prior to this charge as instructed to do by all you cool people.

Well of course that failed.

The card ran... Japan tried to verify through Chase and the through VISA... and it was denied.

I was told to call and fix it.

So I call Chase and had to speak to 2 separate people... apparently because the Oriental Group wanted an actual verification from VISA itself... that overrides Chase... so it’s like the secret service of Chase (or at least that’s what this extra tier feels to me)

Anywho... finally we ran the card again and Eureka a Confimation email.

However I will need to do this again Monday...

So yeah if you are from the US and have a Chase Amazon VISA it works... but you jump through hoops.

So yay 2 nights down. 2 more to get!

If you get the 3D Secure screen (Verified by Visa, etc), you just need to call the card issuer at that time & tell them it is a valid transaction. While it helps to call in advance, you sometimes need to call in real time. The charge will go through on the next attempt once cleared by the card issuer.

This is exactly how I did it. The card issuer even stayed on the phone with me as I tried to make the purchase and it would still not go through. She asked several people on her end and still would not work. Oh well it is what it is and in 3 weeks we will be there to deal with it in person. Thanks for your attempts to help resolve the issue. I am glad it is working for some out there. :-).

I had a heck of a time with this yesterday trying to purchase a park ticket for this Sat. Even after we called the bank, told them what we were doing and put a travel notice on it for my trip the card was declining. We had to call back again and speak to the fraud department a second time. The agent had to do something on her end that generated a code to my husband's cell phone and then had us wait another 3-4 min before trying again, then it went through. I'm one of those in the boat of not having any luck with my 'verified by visa' cards - for my set of banks only the '3-D Secure' through MasterCard seems to work. It makes me glad in a way I'm just staying at the Hilton this trip.

I used a Capital One VISA to book a resort package on the TDR website. I had called Capital One before I did it and they said it would be approved. I didn't get the "3-D secure" page with that card. It was nice and easy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter