Tokyo or Aulani?

For a Disney fan, TDR is the Holy Grail, so without the benefit of having stayed at Aulani, I am going to sy that Japan is the better choice for you.

Anytime you travel to a place where English is not an official language, expect to confront some language barriers. So when it happens, you can just laugh it off or not be so surprised. If it doesn't happen, well consider yourself lucky.

So this is a good time to brush up on a few language skills. Get a pocket translation guide, and read it on the flight over. Not before or you'll just forget. Teach yourself how to say "where is the bathroom" without having to look it up. and then if you want to substitute somethign else, you can always look up that one word in your pocket guide. Where is the exit, where is the entrance, etc. All you have to do is look up that one word. Of course, you should teach yourself please, thank you, excuse me, hello, yes, no. That will get you 90% of what you need.

Always keep the business card of your hotel on you. That could be essential in getting back to your hotel. Train stations, even though the signs are great, can be big and confusing. Give yourself some extra time.

For a Disney fan, TDR is the Holy Grail, so without the benefit of having stayed at Aulani, I am going to sy that Japan is the better choice for you.

Anytime you travel to a place where English is not an official language, expect to confront some language barriers. So when it happens, you can just laugh it off or not be so surprised. If it doesn't happen, well consider yourself lucky.

So this is a good time to brush up on a few language skills. Get a pocket translation guide, and read it on the flight over. Not before or you'll just forget. Teach yourself how to say "where is the bathroom" without having to look it up. and then if you want to substitute somethign else, you can always look up that one word in your pocket guide. Where is the exit, where is the entrance, etc. All you have to do is look up that one word. Of course, you should teach yourself please, thank you, excuse me, hello, yes, no. That will get you 90% of what you need.

Always keep the business card of your hotel on you. That could be essential in getting back to your hotel. Train stations, even though the signs are great, can be big and confusing. Give yourself some extra time.

LOL! Yes! I always try to learn "Where is...," bathroom, hello, thank you, please, "how much?," and a few menu items- chicken, fish, pork, beef- so I know what I'm eating!

Finally escaped from WDW. Yes, Nagashima Spaland near Nagoya is generally considerably the Cedar Point of Japan. It has the Steel Dragon, which is generally ranked with the Millennium as Best Steel Coaster in the world. I wanted to go, but it was closed when I was near Nagoya this past June.

I've been to Hiroshima several times. Generally, the hardest thing about being an obvious American there is if you are there when a Japanese school has its trip, you might have students asking you questions for their English lessons. I've had that happen to me a few times. I went to Miyajima in June 2017. My daughter loved it. We were there for low tide and walked out to the torii. They no longer were selling rice crackers to feed the deer, but the deer still come around looking for handouts. It will be hot in June.

A good itinerary depends on how you like to tour and how you like to shop. You can get from either Kyoto or Osaka to Hiroshima. I prefer Kyoto to Osaka by a lot. I think Kyoto is more scenic. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!