Tolls from Pittsburgh to Pop .

tink15823

DIS Veteran
Hope someone can tell me how much tolls will be on our way to and from Pittsburgh area . We will be going on 79 so no turnpike . I just want to make sure I have enough change and if I need exact change . Thanks in advance for the help . We have never driven so Im a little nervous .

And from recent experience I can tell you that if you don't have exact change in Florida, you can pick up an envelope at the toll booth and mail the state a check for fifty cents. :rolleyes2

I77 through WV from Charleston south has $6 in tolls each way unless the price has increased in the past year.

I just did this trip from Pittsburgh to Disney the beginning of this month. The only tolls I had were $2.40 each way. It was in WV paid with my EZPass. The tolls were collected $0.40 and $2.00. I know the $.40 was exact change.

Last edited:
Yes, I can verify that I spent $2.40 each way through WV on my EZpass. You should not have any tolls in Florida unless you get lost. :-)

Yes, I can verify that I spent $2.40 each way through WV on my EZpass. You should not have any tolls in Florida unless you get lost. :-)

If you're route to Disney includes the FL turnpike and Route 429, You will have tolls in FL

If you're route to Disney includes the FL turnpike and Route 429, You will have tolls in FL

The likely route would be 79/77/26/95/4. The Florida Turnpike/429 would be the I-75 route.

The WV tolls are $2 each at 3 different spots cash. They do make change if needed.
EZ Pass is cheaper as stated above.

I77 through WV from Charleston south has $6 in tolls each way unless the price has increased in the past year.

The drive from Pittsburgh does not go through Charleston

Get a sun pass. Will save you $$ since many tolls charge extra for cash payers.

The EZ Pass would be better as no tolls in FL on the route.

The drive from Pittsburgh does not usually use those roads.

Cross-posted with kydisneyfan

The likely route would be 79/77/26/95/4. The Florida Turnpike/429 would be the I-75 route.

The WV tolls are $2 each at 3 different spots cash. They do make change if needed.
EZ Pass is cheaper as stated above.

We take I79 to Rt 19 and get on I77 in Beckley. Only 2 spots for tolls, 0.40 and $2.00. There is no price break for EZpass, unless maybe you have a WV one? Mine is a Pa EZpass. I do get cheaper tolls in PA, but I don't think I do for any other state.

Do not speed on Rt 19! It is widely known as a speed trap, especially through Summersville.

Thank you I guess I should throw a roll of dimes in my glove box . I just assumed everything would be in .25 cent increments .

We take I79 to Rt 19 and get on I77 in Beckley. Only 2 spots for tolls, 0.40 and $2.00. There is no price break for EZpass, unless maybe you have a WV one? Mine is a Pa EZpass. I do get cheaper tolls in PA, but I don't think I do for any other state.

Do not speed on Rt 19! It is widely known as a speed trap, especially through Summersville.

Makes sense to me to take that route.
A prior job had me routing trucks all over the country, they had to stay interstate 99% of the time, thus the 79/77 thinking. 19 is much shorter. That would cut the tolls back to the $2.40.

Thank you this is our planned route so it makes me feel better that others feel it's the best one .

I can't stress enough how important it is to get a Sunpass transponder for Florida. Your EZ Pass that you use in PA should work for the West Virginia tolls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter