Tolls

kenny

DIS Veteran
was thinking of getting surpass to use as we frequent fl. However thought I saw somewhere I can use easy pass now too. Can we use easy pass with rental car?

Thx

No, EZ-pass is not accepted in FL.

If you have a smart phone, you could use Paytollo, but you would not get the electronic discounts and there's a small convenience fee.

The only EZ-pass that is accepted in FL is not actually EZ-pass. It is NC QuickPass, but they have a (more expensive) transponder that is compatible not only with their (and GA's and FL's) system but also with EZ-pass. (This may be what you read about.) No EZ-pass-only states have transponders that work in SC, GA or FL.

p.s.

from what I've read this is not a technical issue from the standpoint of transponders or readers on the road but rather a matter of negotiating the State to State agreements required to pass the $ back and forth .... every state has a totally unique accounting system and having them talk to each other computer wise is a problem ....

Maybe I am thinking of epass on 417

Thx
E-Pass is Orange County's local version of SunPass. The local toll authority put out E-Pass before the Turnpike Enterprise introduced SunPass, and has stubbornly refused to switch locals over to SunPass.

Some DISers have bought an E-Pass online instead of SunPass. It's actually $10 cheaper, and works everywhere SunPass does, at the same toll rates. But the website is old and not very user-friendly; it may be a bit less convenient to switch rental cars online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter