Tom Sawyer Island going away?!?

In Disneyland Paris, Big Thunder Mountain is on the island and the trains travel through a tunnel under the water to the main portion of the ride. There is still a steamboat too, so something like that could be done if they built an attraction on part of TSI. Personally, I wouldn't want to see it go, but I wouldn't mind if they added some new interactive elements to it.

Clearly what we need is a tunnel that goes under the rivers and contains a Haunted Mansion themed bar / lounge it it

Good thing the magic kingdom is on the second floor.
Yes. A brilliant choice at the beginning. But none of those tunnels go past Liberty Square for a reason. CHH and Adventureland Veranda are the farthest out, right? There is nothing over by Haunted Mansion or BTMRR.

Clearly what we need is a tunnel that goes under the rivers and contains a Haunted Mansion themed bar / lounge it it

Seems like there is enough room directly behind the Rapunzel restroom area for that. I don't know that it would need to be on the island. I wholly support the idea of making one though!

If they did tunnel under, I think they should do it from the Frontierland side and put an attraction themed as such. I don't know what though.

Seems like there is enough room directly behind the Rapunzel restroom area for that. I don't know that it would need to be on the island. I wholly support the idea of making one though!

If they did tunnel under, I think they should do it from the Frontierland side and put an attraction themed as such. I don't know what though.

Journey to the Center of the Earth like at Disney Sea in Tokyo.

Although I really want a HM bar or restaurant.

Journey to the Center of the Earth is the BEST Disney ride ever!
There have been rumors a clone of a ride at another Disney park is coming to MK, and I looked at that one and thought it'd be pretty cool. Especially in Adventureland or Frontierland.

This and the speedway are huge wastes of real estate. They should cut it off at the bridge and fill in the back of the River of America. They can extend Frontierland with a bridge by BTMR. At least two attractions can fit there.
Why does Tomorrowland Speedway use fossil-fueled powered, 1970s-styled cars? Desperately needs an update.

Has been in CM conversations that it would go as part of a Frontierland renovation, possibly adding an attraction there. It is prime real estate, underutilized as well as the often empty Steamboat. It was described as either Frontierland or Tomorrowland needed the big overhaul and an attraction by time 50th arrived. Tomorrowland won out for near future. Would not at all be surprised if what was there got a sprucing for the 50th only to be next on the chopping block.

I heard this from a CM friend as well. We are not prime hour Disney-goers, so it's almost always closed when we're there. Our kids would probably love it though.

I think it would be cool if they put in a QS location on TSI with picnic-type food like they have at Fort Wilderness. People could take their bucket of chicken and find a picnic table under the trees in the shade, the kids could run around or take a snooze in the stroller...

I think it would be cool if they put in a QS location on TSI with picnic-type food like they have at Fort Wilderness. People could take their bucket of chicken and find a picnic table under the trees in the shade, the kids could run around or take a snooze in the stroller...

They used to have this. It was Aunt Polly's, and while you couldn't get a "bucket of chicken" they did have fired chicken on the menu I believe. So really they'd just have to reopen it, which they did seasonally as recently as a couple years ago.

Technically, KFC has the trademark on the bucket, so no other chicken places can use that.

They used to have this. It was Aunt Polly's, and while you couldn't get a "bucket of chicken" they did have fired chicken on the menu I believe. So really they'd just have to reopen it, which they did seasonally as recently as a couple years ago.

Yeah, I miss Aunt Polly's. It was such a nice quiet place to get lunch and relax for a bit. I remember they had Turkey Legs there, but the menu was pretty basic.

The thing is, they can put the show buildings back there, and all they need to build is an entrance facade for the queue. Once inside, who knows where you are? Space Mountain at MK uses this exact trick to go under the railroad. The tricky part is the exit, which could become a long walk.

Indy in Disneyland is a long walk in and out.

Indy in Disneyland is a long walk in and out.

Yeah, a lot of the rides in DL are like that because the space is so constrained. Sometimes they take you outside of the berm before you board, like Indy, and on POTC you board the boat and then it takes you down and outside the berm for the ride. It's all in the presentation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!