Tony Hinds Transportation question

lvdis

love disney
I am considering using Tony Hinds for transportation to/from Universal from the Orlando airport (MCO) and I have a couple of questions for those who have used his service.

1. What types of payment does he accept? Can you use PayPal? I'm assuming it's paid up front when you book?
  2. Do you know what his cancellation policy is?

Thank you!

You pay at the time you do the ride.
A few have insisted in prepaying but it is not a requirement.

I always pay the day I have the first ride for the entire round trip.

I've used cc years before but switched to paying cash

If you have to cancel, its not a problem.
Hopefully you can give a 24 hour notice as he has his drivers set up on a schedule

Came back to add something I forgot to mention.
Tony always asks for your flight number and airline.

He watches the flights of the peeps he will be providing service for.

He knows in advance if your flight will be delayed or any issues which make you arrive earlier or later than what was planned once you are on the plane.
Don't worry if your flight is delayed or does arrive earlier than what you scheduled.
He will be aware of it.

He (or drivers) meets the passengers at the bottom of the stairs with a sign
Look for that person holding your name card/ipad up.

If he arrives early, he will get your luggage off the carousel and on a cart.
Do let him know how many bags you have checked

All of that is part of his service at no additional charge.

He pays to park inside the airport so his car will be a few minutes walk from the carousel baggage section.
Nice to walk a couple of minutes to a cool car.

None of those extras are passed on to the customer.
It is included in the fare he charges up front.

I used his service for transportation to and from a show at the Dr. Phillips Center. I paid the driver cash (tip included). The service was excellent. He was on time and easy to find after the show.

I always pay by credit card and prefer to pay in advance. He is able to email me an invoice (from the Square app) that is very easy to pay online with my card. I tip the driver in cash when I ride.

We pay the total fare in cash on arrival day. We pay the tip for the arrival leg as well. On departure day we pay the tip in cash for the second leg. Since we have used Tony a number of times, I text him the flight info. He usually texts us right as we land to confirm he’s waiting.

Not solicited for, but I love Tony. He is great, even my cheap DH thought his service and demeanor was well worth it. Would not hesitate using him again.
We paid cash round trip after the first drop. We just tipped when he brought us back to airport.

Another plug for Tony! Love his service. Used him for our cruise last year and will be using him to pick us up from the Poly to take us to the cruise terminal in May!

Sometimes I call and book and other times I book by email

He will reply and confirm your booking no matter which way you contacted him

Tony is a gem!

To piggy back on this thread, have any of you needed him to provide a car seat? We used another car service and while their driver was pleasant, the car seat was not even close to installed correctly. We’ll have our toddler with us, so we’re weighing our options.

To piggy back on this thread, have any of you needed him to provide a car seat? We used another car service and while their driver was pleasant, the car seat was not even close to installed correctly. We’ll have our toddler with us, so we’re weighing our options.

Yes, Tony has car seats so you do not have to bring yours

If you book with him, let him know you need a car seat and how many

He uses a ten seat vehicle

There is no charge for him to provide car seats but he needs to know in advance as he does not keep them in the vehicle unless they are requested

If he arrives early, he will get your luggage off the carousel and on a cart.
Do let him know how many bags you have checked
We've used Tony before, but from WDW to PC and PC to Daytona Airport, and would highly recommend him. But, how does he accomplish the above? How does he know what your luggage looks like? Do you send him pictures?

We've used Tony before, but from WDW to PC and PC to Daytona Airport, and would highly recommend him. But, how does he accomplish the above? How does he know what your luggage looks like? Do you send him pictures?

He arrives early and is at the carousel when it first comes out and collects them

My guess is he reads the tagged bags for names of people that don’t tell him what color or style the luggage is

Sending him a picture and listing number of
bags is a good idea if you are concerned for Tony to notice it quickly

I usually tape a large sheet on my bags with my name on the outside as my luggage is common

All I know is by the time I meet him at the carousel area, he already has my bags

My guess is he reads the tagged bags for names of people that don’t tell him what color or style the luggage is
That seems strange that he would look at every tag on every bag that comes down the chute. Surely that would make other passengers suspicious.
I usually tape a large sheet on my bags with my name on the outside as my luggage is common
Well that might explain why he's had YOUR bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter