Tony's Town Square - Lunch 12/2/06

mom2alix

<font color=teal>I know he is always on my side<br
What we ate:

DH – Chicken Caesar, Amaretto cheesecake
Me – Shrimp Pasta, Tiramisu
DD4 – Kid’s spaghetti
DS2 – Kid’s Mac n Cheese

How it rated: Service was excellent and the food was okay. I think they used the wrong sauce on my pasta (it was supposed to be pesto cream with spinach and roasted red tomato, but was actually the primavera sauce with carrots. I was starving as we had had a crazy travel day the night before and this was the first time I’d eaten all day, so I didn’t send it back – It still tasted fine to me. DH tried it and thought the shrimp were a bit “fishy”, but I thought they were okay. Our waiter strongly suggested dessert as he said he thought Tony’s had some of the nicest desserts on property. I did like the tiramisu and the bite of DH’s cheesecake that I tried. I would have loved to try the lemon walnut layer cake, but I was sharing with DS who is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts are always a contamination hazard. Our waiter was kind enough to check with the chef and assure me that the tiramisu was fine for DS. This was an OOP meal and ended up being around $70 with tax and tip. I don’t know if it would be a great value on the DDP as the appetizers choices didn’t impress me.

Rating:
Service: A
Food: B
Ambience: B+

My overall impression of Tony’s is that it’s a decent place if you’re looking for a TS meal INSIDE MK that isn’t a buffet. It would be a really great place to go for just dessert and wine as the atmosphere is really cute, but it didn’t wow us and isn’t on our list of “can’t miss” places. We’d go back if it worked with our plans, but we won’t go out of our way for it.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

That was our last TS meal this past saturday evening and everyone in my family enjoyed it. The sauce for the spaghetti and meatballs was good. I had some of my daughters plate (this is after finishing my steak plate and appetizers!). We were all very happy with the food. The only problem was it took a little time for the appetizers to come, and about 5 min after they came, so did the entrees. We were sooo hungry that we just took the food and munched it all down. Other than that it was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter