too hot for walk to MGM from BCV mid/late Aug?

newholidayx2

<font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b
Would you walk from BCV to MGM and back in mid/late Aug? Thinking of an early morn walk but not sure if it would be too hot. What time would you get this done by if you were to do so?

Walking there in the AM will be fine. If you return at midday or afternoon look to see if a boat is at or approaching the dock. If not it will likely be quicker to walk back, but you may prefer to wait and ride.

Enjoy your trip!

It's not any hotter than walking around the parks at the same hour. :sunny:

If you want to be there for opening on an Early entry day, you may find walking is the only way to do it.

I wouldn't. DH& I are walkers, so we decided to do the walk in early morning back in Feb. The walk is nice but it is in FULL sun. There is no place to stop in the shade even for a minute. It took us about 20 mins which was fine, but it was too hot, even in Feb. I wouldn't ever consider it in summertime.

We're going in July and will be taking the boat both ways.

Johnnie Fedora said:
It's not any hotter than walking around the parks at the same hour. :sunny:
:rotfl2:

I have done it. Yeah it's hot but still faster than the boats.

I wouldn't do it in August....but, then again....I wouldn't do WDW in August!!! ;) It is a long (and not very pretty) walk. The boats are air conditioned...and, you can sit.

:wave:

Beca

The walk is nice, but it did take out alot of the spring in my step and i didn't really feel like rushing off to get fastpasses to TOT or RNR. Maybe if it's early in your vacation and you're still fresh.

I cast my vote for a few bench seats along the way.

We usually walk..even in the summer....just take your time and enjoy! :goodvibes

It's a pleasant enough walk in the morning. My advice: bring water.

Stay at OKW and take the bus. :earboy2:

[This is the opinion of the poster and is not intended to provide advice either legal or factual, nor does it necessarily represent the views of the management.]

It is a great time to walk it, however the only thing we love more than the heat is stopping at BWV's pool on the way and on the way back. We literally wear sandals and swim trunks all week in August and get wet at every chance. Even after closing MGM with Fantasmic, we walk back with the Clown pool as the next goal with great anticipation-quiet, peaceful no mad rush to the bus rewarded with a great swim in the BWV pool-WONDERFULL. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter