Took the plunge bought GCV finally...

€lairebear

Mouseketeer
Was debating buying between riviera or GCV. Took the plunge and bought my first resale contracts. The perfect contract are up and I just had to grab it. I’m so excited... our offer got accepted today. Fingers crossed Disney doesn’t take back the contract. Maybe one day I might buy a small contract at riviera just so I can book the tower or standard studio rooms. Since I already have points at wdw didn’t make sense to buy riviera. So glad I don’t have to try to compete at the 7th month window for gcv.

Congrats! Did you grab that loaded one DVCxxxxxx 210pt? That was a nice one.
Haha wish I had the money to buy that many points. We bought a 100 point contract from another resale they had a 125 point contract a couple weeks back but I was too slow. Since we only stay for 4-5 days at Disney didn’t make sense for us to purchase a big contract. Will see who knows we may add on down the line.

Good luck on ROFR for VGC. I am a lucky VGC owner and I love staying there. The 11 month window really does make it much easier to book there!

Congratulations! pixiedust: thst it goes through quickly!, Rivera will be there for a while if you ever decide it’s needed for what you want!

Congratulations! pixiedust: thst it goes through quickly!, Rivera will be there for a while if you ever decide it’s needed for what you want!
Thank you... still really tempted to buy a small contract there. Who knows if I can sway the husband. We are heading down in December. Will see if that will happen.

We've traditionally done the convention center hotels with walking or Toy Story shuttle --- and do them on points since we travel hack so much.

Tried the Fairfield by McDonalds' that was okay and still walked a little and not so impressed.
Then we stayed at BWAI last month. -- wow. Closeness was such a nice thing and really appreciated it during with SO coming over midday to rest up and end of night short walk to close out fast --- but the motel feeling!!!! argh.

Hence the rekindled interest of VGC. We're finally financially independent and loosening up our purses more to dive into the benefit of proximity +amenities + DTD action without parking/shuttle/walking.

The good thing is the points have been steadily sliding lower YTY and ALMOST got in last week. Will keep an eye with the holidays approaching.

Congrats! We did the same earlier this year. You really need to be an owner at VGC if you want to stay there with any regularity. I refused to pay for it a few years ago. Oops!

We've traditionally done the convention center hotels with walking or Toy Story shuttle --- and do them on points since we travel hack so much.

Tried the Fairfield by McDonalds' that was okay and still walked a little and not so impressed.
Then we stayed at BWAI last month. -- wow. Closeness was such a nice thing and really appreciated it during with SO coming over midday to rest up and end of night short walk to close out fast --- but the motel feeling!!!! argh.

Hence the rekindled interest of VGC. We're finally financially independent and loosening up our purses more to dive into the benefit of proximity +amenities + DTD action without parking/shuttle/walking.

The good thing is the points have been steadily sliding lower YTY and ALMOST got in last week. Will keep an eye with the holidays approaching.
We used to stay and it’s our go to hotel the best western anaheim mini suites. Love the location. Better than the Pixar pier or Disneyland hotel as I felt the walk was closer just the security gate can take forever sometimes but after staying at grand Californian nothing beats the hotel the distance to parks closeness to everything and the Disney bubble too! So hard to go back but I would not mind staying at best western across the street if we ever ran out of points lol

Congrats! We did the same earlier this year. You really need to be an owner at VGC if you want to stay there with any regularity. I refused to pay for it a few years ago. Oops!
I wish I bought GCV sooner! The price per point just went up to $280. Can’t imagine how much it will cost in the resale market next year

I wish I bought GCV sooner! The price per point just went up to $280. Can’t imagine how much it will cost in the resale market next year
Also, the restrictions mean nothing because you don’t buy there to trade out. If you’re gonna do it, stalk Fidelity. I offered $5 or $10 less than list and it was accepted even at their lower prices.

Crossing my fingers for you-they’re suddenly buying GCV back, after not doing it at all for a long time. We own there and love it.

Crossing my fingers for you-they’re suddenly buying GCV back, after not doing it at all for a long time. We own there and love it.
Thanks! I noticed that too I’m wondering due to the recent price increase so they can charge the direct price of 280 to those on the waitlist and make between 100ish to 80ish dollars a point. Hoping they will pass mine I had offered $192/PT for a 100 point contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!