top 25 coaster list

#8 in Steel was Steel Force at Dorney park..

Dorney Park is a "cousin" of Cedar Pointe.

So of course you CP ticket is good at Dorney.

Saw the coaster special on "making of a coaseter" on either Travel Channel or Discovery... (sorry cant remember)

They showed the making of Steel Dragon at Nagoshiri Spa Land in Tokyo.. (that one goes 95 mph, antd 300+ lift hill!!!)and the newest wooden one at Hershey Park...

Shawn2goUSF
If sfga is the mother of all coaster parks, then cedar point is the grand daddy of them all. I like hershey and dorney more than sfga anyway because the lines aren't 2hrs., there more like 10 minutes.

But on a serious note I like Either Deuling or Racing Coasters. I.e. Deuling Drangons which i will exp. for the first time in only 20 days to my vacation. ANd Rolling Thunder at sfga. I know I'm putting so much into for sfga but people but sfga down. Why do you think? i'm a season pass hodler. and mooses41 for your info to shorten the lines sfga has introduced Fast Lane. Which at the beginng of the park you ask for the rides you want to ride during the day they give you the closet time that they have. and thier good for 3 hrs after the time on your Fast Lane

Golden Ticket List

Not a bad list, but still a little suspect.

Just can't see ranking Magnun #1. It wouldn't make my top 10 and I have ridden all but one on their top 10 (missing ROS SFNE, but assume it is similar to ROS SFDL?).

I was also surprised that SFMM coasters were not well represented. I have never been to this park, but always thought it had some really good ones. It makes sense though once you find that only 17% of those who returned the survey live in the West. Makes the results pretty East Coast biased. Oh well.

I was just at SFGAdv on Saturday. Nitro line was less than 1/2 hour up until about 12:00. I got front row Medusa with 5 minute wait around 1:30. I guess timing is everything. Nitro is great, and so is Medusa, but you can't be the mother of all coaster parks with only 2 great coasters.

Nitro is great, and so is Medusa, but you can't be the mother of all coaster parks with only 2 great coasters.

Thank you,larworth. BTW, Shawn2goUSF, just because the park's advertising says Nitro is the mother of all coasters doesn't mean it is. I've ridden Nitro this year and I've also ridden a whole bunch of coasters that are better than it. Example: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood. 228 foot drop (215 on nitro) and 82 mph (80 on Nitro). Phantom's Revenge is the 6th fastest coaster in the world Nitro is 8th. http://www.rcdb.com/installationdetail123.htm . I'm not saying that sfga has no good coasters but there are alot of better ones out there.

No mooses41 you have it all wrong I said sfga Is the Mother of all coaster parks not the Nitro is the mother of all coasters. I will give kennywood some props and IOA for they're great coatsers. and even dorney park Deserves some credit for Steel Force. Let's put this disagreement to rest. but one thing six flags has other great coasters. Like Batman & Robin the Chiller, Batman the Ride, Medusa, Rolling Thunder, The Scream Machine, Viper, Skull Mountain, and The Mega coaster NITRO.
Lets see That's 8 Full size coasters. Then you have about 3 or 4 kiddie or junior coasters, So That's about 11 or 12 coasters. Barry Hom, Is there any other park with this many coatsers?

Its kind of confusing the way you said it. Anyway Magic Mountain has 15 , Cedar Point has 14 , Kings Island has 13 , Six Flags Over Texas has 12 , King's Dominion has 11 , and Six Flags Great America has 11.

For the most part, I think everyones list is going to be different. Some like wood, other steel. Some like airtime, others like inversions. I like most with the exception of the standup ones and really like the coasters at IOA. They are fairly unique, well themed and a hell of a lot of fun. It doesn't matter to me whether there are better ones elsewhere. I also like Raging Bull up at SFGam, but I don't think it's nearly as good as the coasters at IOA even though it's a bit taller.

Anyway, I don't really see the whole point to these 'top 10 coaster lists'. I've seen people get so fanatical that they have to categorize, sort and rank every single coaster they ride and some even have to keep an exact count of the number of rides per coaster. I've seen some nuts go so far as to log the exact row and seat they were in for each and every ride. Sort of takes the fun out of it if you ask me.

Every publication and tv show rates the coasters different and one magazine rated Superman at SFNE as #1. I have ridden it many times and it is really good, but not the best. I have also ridden all the coasters at magic Mt. and all the coasters at SF great adventure and I beleive magic mountain has far better coasters. I have not been to cedar point yet but am going next year. As far as the coasters at IOA, they are good, but I don't think they are top 10 material.

Shelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter