Top 5 WDW Resort Hidden Gems

StraightToDumbo

Monorails kill dreams.
Great talk yesterday on the DIS Unplugged.

Wilderness Lodge Tour (Free)
Princess Promenade @ GF
Fort Wilderness (Horseback Riding, Carriage Rides)
Savannah Tour/Jiko @ AKL
Yee-Haw Bob @por

I would say the childcare offerings and pool-side activities. My kids absolutely LOVE going to the Neverland Club (now Lilo's Clubhouse) and the pool games are always engaging and keep the kids entertained while parents can relax and recharge.

I know they are inside EPCOT and thus require a park ticket, so not sure if they were trying to not include them, but I think the Kidcot Station and the Agent P missions are cool things to do, and great for kids and don't cost extra (and maybe they aren't that "hidden" but whenever I see people say there is nothing for kids to do in EPCOT I think these are great things for kids)

I think they still do the torch lighting ceremony at the Poly which my family has done in the past and really liked. I believe they do free hula lessons at the Poly as well.

Don't know if they still do it, but they used to do a free tour at the AKL too - mostly in the lobby area - that I've done, and really enjoyed. They also used to do free mask decorating there for the kids, and free cookie decorating at WL. A LONG time ago, the free tours @ WL actually used to take you on a tour of the smokehouse, and you'd get a free sample!! :)

ETA - They also had CM's at AKL stationed not only out on the Arusha Rock to help you use the night vision goggles and answer questions about the animals, etc, they also had informal "talks" in the little side room off the lobby with the artifacts in it - may have been called Victoria Falls, or something like that? Also free, enjoyable, and very interesting!

Last edited:
Where are the best of posted? My podcast feed doesn't appear to have them. The last best of was 5/24 I believe. Thanks!

Did anyone find the weight limit for the horses?

I found a story/review someone wrote that indicated they were told on the phone 250lbs - but seems like not strictly enforced

"As for a weight limit, yes, we were told clearly on the phone the weight limit was 250 pounds. and yes, they do not take your word for it, they WEIGH you there, but only they see your weight, no one on the outside can see it."

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...6629-Tri_Circle_D_Ranch-Orlando_Florida.html#

I found another story covering it that also mentions 250lbs

"Guided trail rides are available daily from the Tri-Circle D Livery at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. Because the tempo is kept to an even walk, experienced riders might find this a bit plodding for their tastes but it is perfect for inexperienced riders who have been dreaming of taking to the saddle. Long pants and close toed-heeled shoes are required.. Riders must be at least 9 years old and 48-inches tall or taller. There is a maximum weight allowance of 250 pounds. The trail ride lasts approximately 45 minutes and cost $46 per person. Reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance by calling 407-WDW-PLAY (939-7529). "

http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com/disney-horses/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!