Torn between Boardwalk and Copper Creek

Wakey

DIS Veteran
Next year (end July) intend to definitely stay in a Kidani Standard (points not enough for a Savannah view) for 5 nights and either Copper Creek or BWV for 5 nights. Never stayed in either of the last 2.
We like space so will have a 1 bed, 2 adults 2 kids 14 and 11.
My wife likes relaxing resorts, not in your face hussle and bustle. Kids would probably like excitement more. Wife likes running and exercise in gym and a good uninterrupted swim in a quiet pool. I was tempted by Boardwalk due to walkability to Epcot for food and I'm hoping Toy Story open by then. Also standard view points are tempting and I should get one at 7 months given the 1 bed and time of year. But Wilderness lodge just looks so nice. I only go every other year, so am slightly torn.
Can anyone give me inspiration to help me out of my indecisiveness? Not booking until December so I have a bit of time yet to decide.

Where you don't stay next time, you can stay the time after. Don't worry about it. :-)

:earsboy: Bill

My wife likes relaxing resorts, not in your face hussle and bustle. Kids would probably like excitement more. Wife likes running and exercise in gym and a good uninterrupted swim in a quiet pool. I was tempted by Boardwalk due to walkability to Epcot for food and I'm hoping Toy Story open by then. Also standard view points are tempting and I should get one at 7 months given the 1 bed and time of year. But Wilderness lodge just looks so nice. I only go every other year, so am slightly torn.

Copper Creek is definitely the more “relaxing” resort. There are some things that might push your family to BW, though. More quiet pools. One I think is also well suited for laps on the BWV side (I’m not sure of the length). There is also a very nice quiet pool on the BWI side (available for use by all BW resort guests). I also would much rather run outdoors at BWV vs. Copper Creek (there’s probably a trail option at WL, but I don’t know how that is affected by the construction). Both resorts have gym facilities.

Copper Creek is more relaxing, but BWV isn’t exactly overwhelming either (except maybe the main pool). If you think your wife would enjoy a lot of lounging in the lobby, Copper Creek has a much better area to offer. I, personally, love both resorts.

Next year (end July) intend to definitely stay in a Kidani Standard (points not enough for a Savannah view) for 5 nights and either Copper Creek or BWV for 5 nights. Never stayed in either of the last 2.
We like space so will have a 1 bed, 2 adults 2 kids 14 and 11.
Can anyone give me inspiration to help me out of my indecisiveness? Not booking until December so I have a bit of time yet to decide.

Lap swimming - BWV.
Gym - Wilderness lodge
Running - either, just different types of routes.
I actually find BWV rooms to be fairly quiet and relaxing.

I don't think either will be the wrong choice. :goodvibes

Boardwalk. I think your boys will enjoy the entertainment and it will be much easier to swim laps.

Thanks for feedback. Can you run a long way at WL? Where does the route go?

Thanks for feedback. Can you run a long way at WL? Where does the route go?

There's a path that goes from WL to the campground. I rented a bike last time I was there to go down there, but I saw some people walking the path too. I think it's about a mile one way. Probably more chance for shade on that path than running near BWV because there are trees along the path.

Trails End buffet and the new retro food truck appeal to me at the campground- look good value and that new food truck looks great. Also the QS at Copper Creek looks great.
I think as long as I can grab a standard 1 bed to save on points (which I should) BWV may win out, but if not I'll do CCV. Then when back in 2020 maybe CCV and Riviera, the joys of DVC. Thanks for the replies.

My wife likes relaxing resorts, not in your face hussle and bustle. Kids would probably like excitement more. Wife likes running and exercise in gym and a good uninterrupted swim in a quiet pool.

While CCV may overall be the more relaxing resort, I think the BWV quiet pool will be much more relaxing than the new "quiet" pool at WL/CCV which is as large as the main pool.

Thanks I hadn't appreciated BWV had those great quiet pools compared to Copper Creek. All you tend to see is the clown pool. My wife likes to go out early, maybe 7am, running or in the pool if not doing early EMH. Otherwise we get back from the parks around 4pm usually and she'll go in then. Happy wife happy life.

Tough call, and others' comments are very helpful. It will boil down to what you truly want. Pools: edge goes to BW. And there is plenty of excitement at BW with easy access to a couple of parks. However, WL is going to be more relaxed, and there is plenty of stuff for kids to do there, as well. The pools won't be as optimum, but the running path to FW is lovely. In fact, if you head down the pathway by the new cabins, it turns into a sandy trail that parallels the lake all the way to the CM parking lot at FW. Alternately, I believe there is still a small sandy trail offshoot from that main path that connects to the paved bike/walking/running path mentioned in a prior post. Either way, it's quiet and often full of wildlife--highlights include a herd of deer and a hawk sitting on the ground with just caught prey in its talons. As mentioned, it's about a mile one way. I'm biased since I own at VWL, but I do enjoy the resort more than BW. That being said, the latter would still be a fine option, as well.

Thanks for everyone's very helpful comments, much food for thought. I just read about Copper Creek getting some noise from boats and the new bar. Anyone know if this is true? We don't mind being up at 7am with boat horns but noise past 10.30 - 11 we would not like.

My vote would be for BWV. The fitness center is ok. But you have the Boardwalk to run around on. I think this would be the better place to satisfy both of your groups. The quiet pool area for DW and the Boardwalk area for the kids. Also, at BWV, you are within walking distance to one of Disney's miniature golf courses. We go over there almost every time we stay at BWV. I also love the area because of the walkability to HS and EPCOT. Lots of dining options too (don't forget about Swan/Dolphin for extra dining options). I also love the ambiance of the Boardwalk area at night. It's lit up with twinkle lights and they sparkle off the water. It's a very nice area to grab a beverage and walk around at night.

Aside from the pools, I'm not sure how much CCV will have for the kids.

Good luck with your decision!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter