Total sticker shock how expensive its gone.

the food is EXPENSIVE!!!!
but there's an earl of sandwich in the downtown disney area of the resort...
the food was exactly what we had at WDW...in other words, to our taste..
and the prices were much cheaper than anything else we were able to buy...
that's not to say it was cheap....it wasn't....
but the prices inside the park were really high..
though as i've mentioned, we did enjoy captain jacks, which is sort of like blue bayou at disneyland in california, but with pirates theming and you meet jack..

we also enjoyed agrabah, which is a buffet, so at least you feel like you might be able to eat your money's worth...
but yes, the food was crazy expensive....much more than at WDW, if you can believe it..

I tried comparing and didn't think there was much difference, a burger and fries at DLP was showing at around 15 euro with drink, Magic Kingdom $13.50 but drinks on top are now $3.99 (I find that crazy for a soda) I won't pay table service prices in Disney US so doubt I will in Paris but we will see.

I don't understand! We have friends who live in the UK, and they get a deal, probably a package thru an agency? that gives them great prices on tickets, almost everything else, and $500.00 in gift cards. They say that the most expensive thing they pay for going to Disney are the flights. The rest is a pretty good deal.
No, I have never asked them where they book their packages with, but I just assume it is with a Disney TA and a package deal.
Isn't this type of thing available to everyone in the UK? I really am confused about this.
It used to be that flights were the biggest cost. But for our trip next year, the cost of the tickets is way more than the cost of our flights. That is what really surprised us, so much so that we contemplated dropping the SeaWorld parks from our trip (not going to do that though, as this is likely to be our last Florida trip for a looooong time).

We grabbed a last minute package in May this year, and we had a great time.
We found
a) travelling SUPER easy, especially with the luggage collect thing.
b) The closeness of everything meant we could easily walk around everywhere and change parks as and when to ride different things.
c) We all enjoyed the food we had better than the WDW food (our meals were included in the package, so I can't comment how much they were)
d) We liked the less hard sell nature of snacks and souvenirs
e) We loved Ratatouille

But

We missed the Epcot elements
We missed some of our favourite WDW rides, and snacks

We qualify for disability help so queues etc were not a problem.

We had 3 nights and 4 days for about £1200 all in, which is a lot, comparative to WDW.

Looked at Eurostar but way too expensive, it was £440 (£110pp) for cheapest seats then train to London on top. Tunnel is costing £134 for us all. Quite a lot of driving from Yorkshire so booked a Travelodge on way down to break the journey, only £22 per room for the night.

The drive down from yorkshire isnt too bad but the drive home always feels a bit of a struggle. we usually do a 5am start but i do take the ferry so get a bit of a longer break to rest , eat and chill out before the 2nd part of the drive.

after initially hating disney paris on first visit years ago, i have grown to love it and appreciate its differences.

ok....i just took a quick look..

here's what we enjoyed:

studios:
ratatouille
- a must ride as i've said way too many times already
crush coaster - only my son rode this and he said it was great (it's beyond the rest of us in terms of motion sickness)

there are other rides at the studios, but some of them were down when we were there..
only some of us went on tower of terror - i believe it's like the way it used to be at WDW, but i didn't go on it, so i can't say..
the grandkids went on the slinky dog and flying carpets and liked them fine, but they're nothing special...
the car rides were all down when we were there so i can't comment on them..
oh and we went on the Studio tram tour, similar to WDW and we enjoyed it..

Disneyland:
thunder mountain
- DLP version better than WDW
phantom manor - very good - some people say it's better than haunted mansion at WDW, but i actually like HM better....but PM was also very good..
Pirates of the Caribbean - i can't remember this anymore, but i think we thought it was better than the one at WDW.....
Buzz Lightyear - much better than the one at WDW....this one the guns can be lifted, so they're much easier to aim, plus there's much more to shoot at, plus you know when you've hit something....really fun...
we did this at rope drop one day and did it about 10 times in a row.....so you see, we really liked it!!
it's a small world - better than the one at WDW (yes, really, it is better.....we all thought so)..
casey jr's circus train - this is a similar train to the one in disneyland, but this one is really a roller coaster....i'd say it's even wilder than 7 dwarves....we rode this one about 7 times as our 5 year old grandson fell in love with it and we all enjoyed it too...
the storybook boats - it has a name in french: le pays de conte de fees - it's in fantasyland....a kiddie boat ride....we enjoyed it....but we like all boat rides...it's very slow and goes by storybook scenes....not a must, but it's a nice ride...it's right next to casey
Peter Pan's Flight - i actually thought this wasn't as good, but some people think it's better...i thought it was a little choppy...
Alice's Curious Labyrinth - the grandkids loved this

i can't remember if anyone rode star tours or space mountain, so nothing to say on those, though i've heard that space mountain is better at DLP...

in general, i thought fantasyland was very pretty...
i think indiana jones was closed, so we didn't ride it..
and autopia was closed..
and also i think the railroad was closed..

we didn't do any meet and greets as we'd just been on the disney magic, so no need..

we did see mickey and the magician, which the kids really enjoyed...
the lines for everything else were deadly...

all in all, it's not bad...
and if you can get it at a reasonable price, then it's definitely a good deal..

we all really struggled with sickness on ratatuille !! we have somehow always missed phantom manor , where is it , i dont think we have even ever walked past it !!

we all really struggled with sickness on ratatuille !! we have somehow always missed phantom manor , where is it , i dont think we have even ever walked past it !!
those of us who have motion sickness issues were wearing our sea bands...
i always wear sea bands at the parks..
also, we'd just been on the disney magic, so i tend to keep them on for a few days after i've been on a cruise.

The drive down from yorkshire isnt too bad but the drive home always feels a bit of a struggle. we usually do a 5am start but i do take the ferry so get a bit of a longer break to rest , eat and chill out before the 2nd part of the drive.

after initially hating disney paris on first visit years ago, i have grown to love it and appreciate its differences.
We loved it, after so many years of people telling me it's not as good as Florida, people are ignorant, jump queues, smoke anywhere, ect... we had a fantastic time. many rides better than Florida.
Drive was very easy both ways, stayed at Hemel Hempsted on way down, Travelodge £22, drove back direct, wouldn't hesitate to do it again, so easy going thru the tunnel.

We loved it, after so many years of people telling me it's not as good as Florida, people are ignorant, jump queues, smoke anywhere, ect... we had a fantastic time. many rides better than Florida.
Drive was very easy both ways, stayed at Hemel Hempsted on way down, Travelodge £22, drove back direct, wouldn't hesitate to do it again, so easy going thru the tunnel.
where did you stay at DLP?

brilliant!!

We did encounter plenty of rude people and some queue jumping but it is what it is no point letting it spoil your day. Yes my 12/13 year old really enjoy the rides , if you directly compare the magic kingdom and studios it does have more thrill rides for older ones. Did you ride hyper space mountain ?

And as for Florida i am so glad we did onsite when we did i really do not think i can justify the price of staying onsite when we return, I would rather stay offsite and go for an extra week.

i see the hosts have multiple apartments..
so you were happy with the service? cleanliness etc?
No problems at all, we collected keys from estate agents across the road from the apartment(before 6pm on a Saturday, not sure about other days) place was very clean, you can see my review Nov 2019 (David) Only negative for some would be thin walls, doesn't bother us. It was 5 min walk to the mega shopping centre Val d'Europe, massive supermarket within there and restaurants. You can go down to street view and see. We didn't walk to Disney as we had walked 12 miles in Paris day before so took the free bus, really easy.
Click link for the address
https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...0xd8fc13aecb756f20!8m2!3d48.8576454!4d2.78574Neighbourhood is really nice, lovely area.

brilliant!!

We did encounter plenty of rude people and some queue jumping but it is what it is no point letting it spoil your day. Yes my 12/13 year old really enjoy the rides , if you directly compare the magic kingdom and studios it does have more thrill rides for older ones. Did you ride hyper space mountain ?
Yes we rode almost every ride that was open.
No idea how people afford onsite in Florida, gone are the days of Old Key West with free dining for £60/nt.

Yes we rode almost every ride that was open.
No idea how people afford onsite in Florida, gone are the days of Old Key West with free dining for £60/nt.

we realized we wouldn't be able to afford SSR for the 9 of us anymore, so we bought DVC in 2018.

we realized we wouldn't be able to afford SSR for the 9 of us anymore, so we bought DVC in 2018.

If you want onsite it has to be something to look at, luckily we prefer offsite, doubt we will even go into the Disney parks anytime soon, outpriced me. Offsite last year we got a great 2 bed apartment LBV for £45/nt plus a small resort fee.

If you want onsite it has to be something to look at, luckily we prefer offsite, doubt we will even go into the Disney parks anytime soon, outpriced me. Offsite last year we got a great 2 bed apartment LBV for £45/nt plus a small resort fee.

we go as that big family group about every 5 or 6 years...
with DVC, you can use up to 3 years of points at one go....
so we use 3 years of points for one trip and the other 3 years, we rent out the points, covering the cost of the hotel stay (not anything else, just covering the hotel)..

so that works well for us...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!