Tours and Child Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyLoverBda

Earning My Ears
I am considering doing the Ultimate Nights of Adventure at Animal Kingdom and have a quick question. It will be 2 adults, an 11 year old, and 8 year old and a 2 year old. I noticed that it says that you must be 44 inches for the tour. We would love to do Na'vi, the Safari and ROL together. I would wait with the toddler and ask for a child swap for the height restricted rides that I could use either on one of the breaks or on a different day. Does anybody know if this is possible? Or are they pretty strict with the height requirement. Would they charge me for the 2 year old?

I’m under the impression that they won’t allow you to bring the 2 year old on the tour at all. I don’t think that tour is an option for your party.

Thanks! That's unfortunate although not unexpected. I may still let the others do the tour as I think the older kids would really love it. I'm sure I can find something fun to do with the toddler instead.

Thanks! That's unfortunate although not unexpected. I may still let the others do the tour as I think the older kids would really love it. I'm sure I can find something fun to do with the toddler instead.
They have a kids club at some of the deluxe resorts. You could always look into that if it would be an option for the 2-yr old?

So you want to bring the 2 yo for free and pick up rider swap passes to use on a different day? I'm confused. Seems expensive for that

Kids under 3 are typically free for everything at Disney as they don't require tickets. Since the tour uses the fastpass line, I was assuming that this would be no different than any other person using child swap with a fastpass. The child swaps passes can always be used later/on a different day. I would be paying the full price for myself but without the swap option, I wouldn't get the full benefit of the tour. I didn't mean this in any way to get anything for free, I was just hoping the whole family could enjoy the experience together. I will look into something special for the toddler and I.

Just in case anybody else looks into this, I thought I would provide a follow up. I ended up emailing Disney and they confirmed that the tour is for all ages and that the height requirement is only for the specific rides. The only thing to note is that currently there is a glitch in the system that specifies that children under 3 are charged full cost. Disney confirmed that this should not be the case as children under 3 are always "guests of Mickey". After speaking to a few CMs, the only way that they were able to handle this was to book everybody else and then add a note to the reservation stating that a toddler was included. Hopefully they will fix this going forward.

Just in case anybody else looks into this, I thought I would provide a follow up. I ended up emailing Disney and they confirmed that the tour is for all ages and that the height requirement is only for the specific rides. The only thing to note is that currently there is a glitch in the system that specifies that children under 3 are charged full cost. Disney confirmed that this should not be the case as children under 3 are always "guests of Mickey". After speaking to a few CMs, the only way that they were able to handle this was to book everybody else and then add a note to the reservation stating that a toddler was included. Hopefully they will fix this going forward.
Hmm, interesting!! Will you be able to get child swap passes for future use?

I asked about it over the phone and he said that the tour guide will definitely recommend using the child swap option in our case. We obviously cannot (and don't want to!) slow the tour down so if I can't use the swap during the breaks, I will use them on our regular AK day (since the tour ends at ROL which is also park close).

I am considering doing the Ultimate Nights of Adventure at Animal Kingdom and have a quick question. It will be 2 adults, an 11 year old, and 8 year old and a 2 year old. I noticed that it says that you must be 44 inches for the tour. We would love to do Na'vi, the Safari and ROL together. I would wait with the toddler and ask for a child swap for the height restricted rides that I could use either on one of the breaks or on a different day. Does anybody know if this is possible? Or are they pretty strict with the height requirement. Would they charge me for the 2 year old?

We went on the Ultimate Classic VIP tour, I was asking the tour guide about the night of adventure tour and what would happen with our 2 year old. She said she would not advise a 2 year old to go on a tour, however she did say they are allowed to be on the tour and if need be as long as the parents are comfortable they will watch your little one while you experience an attraction.

We went on the Ultimate Classic VIP tour, I was asking the tour guide about the night of adventure tour and what would happen with our 2 year old. She said she would not advise a 2 year old to go on a tour, however she did say they are allowed to be on the tour and if need be as long as the parents are comfortable they will watch your little one while you experience an attraction.
Thanks for the information! The only ride I'm really concerned about is Flights of Passage as I've ridden the other two before. I think there is a break after FOP (in the gift shop) so I'll try to ride it then, if that isn't allowed, I'll either ask about the swap for later or ask them to watch the 2 year old just for that ride.

Thanks for the information! The only ride I'm really concerned about is Flights of Passage as I've ridden the other two before. I think there is a break after FOP (in the gift shop) so I'll try to ride it then, if that isn't allowed, I'll either ask about the swap for later or ask them to watch the 2 year old just for that ride.

We were going to take the tour with our 2 year old it just did not fit in our plans. The tour guide said she has yet to see a 2 year old on the ultimate night of adventures but she said most likely they would watch them for you. Plus Im sure if you had to rider swap during the tour your tour mates wouldn't mind going on that ride two times lol i wonder if that is what they do as well?

We were going to take the tour with our 2 year old it just did not fit in our plans. The tour guide said she has yet to see a 2 year old on the ultimate night of adventures but she said most likely they would watch them for you. Plus Im sure if you had to rider swap during the tour your tour mates wouldn't mind going on that ride two times lol i wonder if that is what they do as well?
If we end up doing the swap and it is all adults, I will definitely check to see if our older kids can ride it again with me. But if there are other kids I will go alone as not to upset any others that they can't go again as well.

Wouldn't a rider swap slow down the entire tour? I just don't see how this is going to work for you with the 2-year old.

Disney has in-room baby sitting for your 2 year old: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/child-care-services/
It is only really an issue for 1 of the 6 attractions. There is no height requirement for Na'vi, Safari and ROL, one adult will do Dinosaur and the other will do Everest. The only one we both really want to do is FOP. As mentioned before, there is a 15 minute gift shop break after FOP. I'm hoping that I can do the swap during that 15 minute break without slowing down the tour. if not, I will either ask the tour guide to watch the 2 year old during FOP or I will ask for a paper swap pass (like any other person with a 2 year old and a Fastpass can request). Since swaps do not expire until the end of the month, I will use it on our regular AK day (since there won't be any time after the tour ends). This is worst case scenario. I'm really hoping I can just hop on while the others are in the gift shop. I really don't want the 2 year old to be left out of the fun because of one ride!

It is only really an issue for 1 of the 6 attractions. There is no height requirement for Na'vi, Safari and ROL, one adult will do Dinosaur and the other will do Everest. The only one we both really want to do is FOP. As mentioned before, there is a 15 minute gift shop break after FOP. I'm hoping that I can do the swap during that 15 minute break without slowing down the tour. if not, I will either ask the tour guide to watch the 2 year old during FOP or I will ask for a paper swap pass (like any other person with a 2 year old and a Fastpass can request). Since swaps do not expire until the end of the month, I will use it on our regular AK day (since there won't be any time after the tour ends). This is worst case scenario. I'm really hoping I can just hop on while the others are in the gift shop. I really don't want the 2 year old to be left out of the fun because of one ride!

FOP is so amazing that I am sure no one would have an issue with doing the ride two times.

Wouldn't a rider swap slow down the entire tour? I just don't see how this is going to work for you with the 2-year old.

Disney has in-room baby sitting for your 2 year old: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/child-care-services/

If it was not going to work with a 2 year old then the tour would not say it was appropriate for all ages. until it says otherwise ANYONE regardless of the age can go on the tour. I think when you spending over 250 dollars a person for a tour disney has it figured out.

I'm sure the OP does not want to spend almost a thousand bucks on a tour to leave their 2 year old at home back in the room.

I'm sure the OP does not want to spend almost a thousand bucks on a tour to leave their 2 year old at home back in the room.
Why are you so sure? I wouldn't want to spend a thousand bucks on a tour and have to sit out half of the attractions or hope to be able to pass my baby off to a CM to watch. What happens if the 2-year old doesn't want to be left behind with the CM and kicks up a fuss? I would prefer to leave the baby behind in the room with a qualified sitter and have a great time with my older kids without worrying about him/her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter