Tours and Child Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that I can do the swap during that 15 minute break without slowing down the tour.
You'll enter through the regular FP line and will have to wait to be loaded into a room. You won’t have time during the break unless you want to make the rest of the tour wait for your return before they head to Satu’li for the snack break.

It would be better to save the Swap Pass for another day or ask the CM to watch your child while you ride with the group.

Why are you so sure? I wouldn't want to spend a thousand bucks on a tour and have to sit out half of the attractions or hope to be able to pass my baby off to a CM to watch. What happens if the 2-year old doesn't want to be left behind with the CM and kicks up a fuss? I would prefer to leave the baby behind in the room with a qualified sitter and have a great time with my older kids without worrying about him/her.

She will not have to sit out half of the attractions, Im sure there are plans in place for this.

She will not have to sit out half of the attractions, Im sure there are plans in place for this.
I do wish her luck. I hope it all works out for her. It's a lot of money to spend if things don't work out.

You'll enter through the regular FP line and will have to wait to be loaded into a room. You won’t have time during the break unless you want to make the rest of the tour wait for your return before they head to Satu’li for the snack break.

It would be better to save the Swap Pass for another day or ask the CM to watch your child while you ride with the group.
Thanks! I'm happy with either of these options and will make the decision at the time based on how comfortable the tour guide is watching the toddler and what kind of mood she is in.

I do wish her luck. I hope it all works out for her. It's a lot of money to spend if things don't work out.

I’m sure disney will refund if things don’t work out. I had the firework dessert party booked for myself my husband and my two year old. My son fell asleep and my husbnd stayed back at the hotel and I went alone disney refunded me my husband ticket back to My credit card

I’m sure disney will refund if things don’t work out. I had the firework dessert party booked for myself my husband and my two year old. My son fell asleep and my husbnd stayed back at the hotel and I went alone disney refunded me my husband ticket back to My credit card
I think if someone books an "Ultimate Night of Thrills" tour with a 2 year old in tow, they probably shouldn't expect a refund if things don't go as hoped.

We went on the Ultimate Classic VIP tour, I was asking the tour guide about the night of adventure tour and what would happen with our 2 year old. She said she would not advise a 2 year old to go on a tour, however she did say they are allowed to be on the tour and if need be as long as the parents are comfortable they will watch your little one while you experience an attraction.

I'm surprised that this is an option - WDW has very strict guidelines and I've never heard of them watching a child during a tour, etc. What if something happens and the CM needs to go someplace else, gets switched out during the tour, etc?

I’m thinking the OP was told by someone on the phone that a CM would watch the 2yo. We all know how unreliable the phone reps can be. I have serious doubts that the tour guide is going to watch a complete stranger’s child nor do I think he/she should be burdened with that responsibility.

I’m thinking the OP was told by someone on the phone that a CM would watch the 2yo. We all know how unreliable the phone reps can be. I have serious doubts that the tour guide is going to watch a complete stranger’s child nor do I think he/she should be burdened with that responsibility.
The CM on the phone actually stated that we would be offered a child swap. It was another DISer that said that they thought the tour guide would watch the 2 year old. I have now been told a few times (by phone and email) that this tour is for all ages and that she is welcome to join us. I'm sure that they have a plan in place for such cases. At the very least I'm certain that we will be offered a child swap pass which I will have to use on another day due to the timing of the tour (it ends at park close). These are available for anybody traveling with a child who doesn't meet a height restriction and are always usable on a different day......how I enter the line (standby, Fastpass, tour) shouldn't be relevant. The older kids I'm taking are actually my nephews (we share a love of Disney that their parents don't!) and the 2 year is my daughter so I definitely don't want to leave her out of the fun. It seems that not everybody agrees that young kids should be on this tour but this is how Disney has marketed this tour. I'm definitely not expecting a refund if things don't work out. I'm happy to take this risk as Disney has the child swap program in place for these exact circumstances.

The CM on the phone actually stated that we would be offered a child swap. It was another DISer that said that they thought the tour guide would watch the 2 year old. I have now been told a few times (by phone and email) that this tour is for all ages and that she is welcome to join us. I'm sure that they have a plan in place for such cases. At the very least I'm certain that we will be offered a child swap pass which I will have to use on another day due to the timing of the tour (it ends at park close). These are available for anybody traveling with a child who doesn't meet a height restriction and are always usable on a different day......how I enter the line (standby, Fastpass, tour) shouldn't be relevant. The older kids I'm taking are actually my nephews (we share a love of Disney that their parents don't!) and the 2 year is my daughter so I definitely don't want to leave her out of the fun. It seems that not everybody agrees that young kids should be on this tour but this is how Disney has marketed this tour. I'm definitely not expecting a refund if things don't work out. I'm happy to take this risk as Disney has the child swap program in place for these exact circumstances.
Thanks, OP! Now that your questions have been answered, closing for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!