towel animals

Princesswoodymom

Earning My Ears
I have seen different post that talk about towel animals...What are they? This is our first trip home is it something they do in all DVC resorts? Thanks for the info

I've seen them appearing more often, they used to be quite rare in most DVC resorts. Housekeepers will sometime leave some towels or washcloths arranged as an animal or flower in your room. A nice surprise, a little magic, but nothing that "makes or breaks" a vacation. On our last trip we had a baby chick or duckling (couldn't tell which) made out of hand towels and washcloths left on our studio table at OKW.

They are like "Balloon Animals" only with towels. We got them on a cruise every morning a few years back. We've never seen one in WDW.

We have never gotten them, either on the cruise or in the resorts. I wonder if they only do it when children are among the guests?

We were a party of two adults on the cruise a few years ago, and we had towel animals every night when we came back to the room after turndown service. We had never seen them in our rooms at WDW before, until this past summer when there was a set of mouse ears made out of towels when we checked into OKW.

Children are not necessary for a towel animal. When I checked into my room (solo) in Oct., there was an octopus waiting for me! My first towel animal! :banana:

Princesswoodymom said:
I have seen different post that talk about towel animals...What are they? This is our first trip home is it something they do in all DVC resorts? Thanks for the info

Towels animals are facecloths and towels twisted into varying shapes and sometimes tied together with elastics and decorated with stickers. We've had quite a few in the past few years. At OKW we had a small facecloth bunny around an easter visit. At HH we've had huge Mickey ears made with a large bath towel and two handtowels. We've had also at HH an octopus. BWV last month we had an elephant in our entry way under the mirror and a small 'thing' in our bathroom...not sure what it was. SSR studio had a 'horse'....that was my best guess, lol. It was small and in the bath area. HH almost always does the mickey ears now...at least in my experiences. I've stayed at BCV four or five times, but I can't remember anything from there. BWV's elephant was very well done - I've seen a picture of him on here somewhere.

I think it was back in 2003 we got several towel animals during our stay at Wilderness Lodge. Didn't get one since, until our stay at SSR last month. There was a cat sitting there when we arrived at our room.

We just had one last month at BWV. We've stayed there about ten times since 2001, and this was our first. No children in our room.

Doesn't one of the resorts have a class on making towel animals? I seem to remember seeing something about that.

I've gotten towels animals at the non-DVC resorts but never at a DVC resort. They are cool to receive.

Cyn

MY wife reminded me that when we got the towel we were staying at the WL hotel not the villas. I forgot that it is attached to each other.

Very rare in DVC resorts (perhaps because housekeeping comes so infrequently), less rare but still unusual in regular WDW resorts (I've never had one, my parents - traveling without kids - got some). Standard in your room on the cruise ship.

BTW, standard in the private vlla we stayed in in Mexico - it isn't just a Disney thing - every day our maid left us new animals. Unfortunately, Hurricane Wanda trashed the villa, which belonged to friends of friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter