Tower of Terror RETURNS!

orangele

Earning My Ears
So many were disappointed and saddened when Disney converted the Tower of Terror into the Guardians of the Galaxy. If you cant have a Tower of Terror at Disneyland, why not create your own at home? That is exactly what I have done and continue to work on is the creation of a Tower of Terror basement elevator complete with working elevator door, working moving lighted elevator dial, vintage TV that plays the library introduction video, simulated lightning, thunder, and even rain all synchronized with the video. In addition multiple other props were created to tell the story of what happened on the fateful night in 1939 when 5 guests plunged and disappeared. We even recreated Rod Serling in the form of a custom deepfake, narrated by Mark Silverman, the voice of Rod Serling at the Tower of Terror to help narrate all of the special effects at my Tower of Terror. Check out the Youtube channel for the Tower of Terror Theater, and I have included just a few of the over 70vids of the development, testing and incorporation into the sequence of effects triggered by the press of an elevator button.

Very well done. Rod Serling would be proud.
Thank you that is a true compliment. We created a reserved seat at the bar closest to the elevator doors in honor of Mr. Serling complete with a faux lit and smoking cigarette in honor of the man, and the inspiration for the Tower of Terror and this project.

That is AMAZING. You are extremely talented. Do you do that sort of thing for a living or is it a hobby?
I found a talented haunted house/escape room expert in Vegas where I live through a craigslist wanted ad. He really is the technical wizard behind the props. I can only take credit for some of the concepts and initial design. In fact Donald, the technician was essentially completely responsible for the concept, design and build of the smoking cigarette prop above. Although I hope to learn more as the project proceeds he also is the one capable of doing the programming of the controllers (flex max) which automate the sequence of events in the show. The physical set was built by a company in Vegas using styrofoam and hard coat spray and painting. It still is amazing to me what can be done and how realistic styrofoam can be in the right hands.

OMG!!! That is sooooo awesome!! I absolutely loved ToT--my favorite ride. I'll never forgive them for throwing some cheap overlays on it and making it into GOTG. Such a waste. But anyway, thanks for sharing this amazing project!!

...uh- MAY-zing! I'm.......speechless.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter