Town Car or Taxi from Cabana Bay to MCO

ilovetotravel1977

DIS Veteran
I know there is an actual Transportation thread on the main page, but it's just as easy for me to ask here :)

If we reserve a town car for service from Cabana Bay to MCO for $70 (includes everything but driver tip), is that going to be about the same cost as taking a taxi?

I use this site for figuring out costs of transportation --- it will search every option and spit out the estimated costs!
Ride Guru

I plugged in your route and get rates starting at $17.46 for UBER for 4 people to $48 for a traditional taxi. It then provides links for limos & shuttles you can get quotes from.

Hmm, I'm a little nervous about using UBER/LYFT. Never used it before and I highly doubt my folks will want to try it out. But it's so much cheaper!

Tony Hinds has always been very good for us in the past and have him booked next month. I know MCO to Royal Pacific is $100 return (not including tips). If you're interested, his email is aobh607@gmail.com. He usually responds quickly. He also allows you to pre pay him if you request to.

We've used Tony as well, and he is great. We've also used a cab and have had no problems. Cost us about $50 including tip for the cab a few years ago. There are always cabs available.

Hmm, I'm a little nervous about using UBER/LYFT. Never used it before and I highly doubt my folks will want to try it out. But it's so much cheaper!

I was nervous about using Uber for the first time when my son & I went to California for a week late January. Never used Uber here at home.

I ended up loving Uber! The drivers were friendly; the cars so much cleaner than a taxi; easy to call for one; loved seeing where the Uber was and watching it come my way; and loved that the whole route/driver info/everything was saved in my account so my husband (back home) could see where I was and going at anytime.

I would book with a town car company. We’ve used Quick Silver to get from Portofino to Grand Floridian. I’d avoid Orlando taxis unless you call Mears or something. There are so many gypsy cab companies. And surprising that some name hotels call them. Sheraton for one. I asked guy at desk to call me a taxi, one showed up. I watched him go to the front desk to pay off desk clerk. Then we started driving and the meter was spinning at light speed. I mentioned this to driver and negotiated a flat rate to take me back to my hotel. Fortunately I asked at Marriott how much it would cost to get back so I had a fair idea. I’ve had other equally bad experiences. It wasn’t first time.

We used Uber for the first time in Disney 2 years ago .... I will never go back to Taxis again. Uber is so much cheaper, can schedule it, watch the route and every driver we had was kind and personable. Loved it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!