Towncars -- who's best & price matching?

CK1

DIS VET / DVC member
My SIL/BIL and their 2 yr old son will be flying in to meet us in Orlando. They believe a town car is best option for them (less waiting, car seat capability, etc.) They rec'd a rate of $70 round trip from Cartier, and both TTC and Yourride post a price of $85 roundtrip to VWL (minus the $5 coupon makes it $80). Will towncar companies price-match? How is Cartier? I can't find much info on these boards about it (or on any other boards thus far either). Cartier mentions a "20% gratuity" not included in that $70 price... what gratuities do the other towncar comapnaies typically receive? Are there any hidden charges at any of the companies?:confused:

Just trying to help them get the best deal... any info would be appreciated!

THanks --

Cindy

Our 3 kids are hoppin' with excitement to go to WDW / VWL!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

CK1
Go and do a search on this DIS board..There other a lot of other companies that DO have hidden charges, and include gratuities
Check all of the Companies out!! Rabbit..
http://www.Yourride.net :wave:

I have never heard of Cartier but I have used Tiffany Towncar many times and I have always had excellent service.

We had Sid at Tiffant Town Car.
He was great and curtoius.

We did a food store shop and he waited
the 30 minutes for us with no hassle and
no extra charge.

He mentioned some other town car services
charge extra for the food store shop.
It's included with Tiffany Town car.

Ask for SID - he's a great driver.

;)

We're going down to WDW in January & we have never used a car service before ( always used mears) & I really did a lot of research on the car services-- Tiffany, Happy Limo & Youride-- it seems they all are in the same price range- all do a free grocery stop & all. But in reading alot (& I mean ALOT) of peoples opinions, & posts about the 3 services, I heard many complaints about Tiffany & Happy- and nothing but good stuff about Youride. Not to say that I didnt also read posotives from the other two-- because I did. Its just that I didnt read anything negative about Youride-- & also when I emailed them their response seemed as if a person wrote it-- not a message they send to everyone-- Well, we'll be using Youride for the first time & I'm sure when we get back I'll write about how it went! - just putting in my 2 cents-- hope its at least a little hopefull! Have fun! :o)

We used Tiffany last week and had no problem at all. To shed a little light on Cartier. The van that we were picked up in had Cartier written on the back and the driver put a magnetic Tiffany town car sign over it. Same Company???

Or is it possible that Tiffany bought one of Cartier's former vehicles? It would be bizarre if they were co-owned, given that the price is different.

Based on what my SIL found out, Cartier's will cost her $70, plus a 20% gratuity ($14 more). THat's $84 total (and with a 30 min grocery stop). Tiffany and Yourride cost $85 to go roundtrip to VWL, and whiel they do post $5 off coupons on their web site, they do NOT factor in a gratuity, so expect to add another $14 to $20 to that, which now puts them at a minimum of $94, ten bucks more than Cartier.

UNLESS, of course, I'm missing some hidden charges or something.... is there some kind of "per bag" or "per person" charge we're unaware of?

Cindy

The driver from Cartier has one van and one town car. He does work for Tiffany Town Car. But by posting on DIS his trying to get work for him self.!! Rabittsz

Well if it counts for anything,the van was beautiful and he even brought a car seat based on our reservation(which we didn't need since we brought one). Our grocer stop went over the 30 minutes by a few and he was very gracious about it. We had he same driver to and from the airport.

We use Happy Limo for our Disney cruises and WDW trips, and we have had excellent service from them. We don't usually use the grocery stop, although we always offer it. We did use it once and it worked out really well. We just booked them for our next trip on Aug. 29th. They have a coupon which brings down the cost (in my opinions, any little bit saved on vacation helps!).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter