Toy Story Land soft opening in April?

binkee12

Mouseketeer
I was on the phone today with Disney Signature services adjusting my 90 day out fast passes and when I try to book my fast passes for Toy Story Mania he told me that that was not possible at this time because of the soft opening in April of Toy Story Land. I tried to ask some follow-up questions but he just kept giving me the same information ..that that's when the soft opening is and therefore we can't book fast passes. I'm wondering why we couldn't book fast passes for Toy Story Mania if the rest of the new Park is open and whether anyone knows more?

TSL is expected to open around Memorial Day weekend, but that is unconfirmed. Anything before that involving possible soft opens has not been announced either. So for now, anyone’s guess.

Ive heard a rumor that they will have to completely close TSM for a couple of weeks prior to opening TSL. There are a couple of threads about it on here.

Well it would be nice if it was open earluer but either way Toy Story Mania it is already an existing attraction so I don't understand why I can't book fast passes for it

Well it would be nice if it was open earluer but either way Toy Story Mania it is already an existing attraction so I don't understand why I can't book fast passes for it

The entrance for the building and attraction will be rearranged to integrate with the new land, and will apparently require the ride to close for a time.

I was on the phone today with Disney Signature services adjusting my 90 day out fast passes and when I try to book my fast passes for Toy Story Mania he told me that that was not possible at this time because of the soft opening in April of Toy Story Land. I tried to ask some follow-up questions but he just kept giving me the same information ..that that's when the soft opening is and therefore we can't book fast passes. I'm wondering why we couldn't book fast passes for Toy Story Mania if the rest of the new Park is open and whether anyone knows more?

I don't think that phone CM was correct.

TSL is set to open this summer, possibly around Memorial Day weekend. Toy Story Midway Mania will be closed as the new entrance to the attraction will be in the new land, and that's why you're not able to make FP+ for it in April.

I’m confused by the 90 Days our part of this post...has there been a change to when you can book FPs? I was sure it was 60 days out for guests staying on site.
they prob bought the new package for club level to add fast passes for paying. just a test. u have to phone in the choices and changes.

I’m confused by the 90 Days our part of this post...has there been a change to when you can book FPs? I was sure it was 60 days out for guests staying on site.

It’s a trial program recently announced. Club Level guests can purchase an offering which gives them 3 extra FPs per day, bookable at 90 days. Just introduced last week.

People staying club level can pay extra ( I think it is $50 a day for 3 extra FP that you can book 90 days earler

there has been several people on this site that have made mention of CM's making mention of possible soft opening in April for Toy Story Land..... Do the CM's know something we don't !!!!!

Do the CM's know something we don't !!!!!
Many CMs do know something you don't know, but it depends on what CM. The soft opening in April rumor, aka previews, sounds plausible. With about two months of pre-opening events and previews beginning in April, would mean that TSL would open in June. That's in the announced opening time frame.

What part of April were you trying for? A sneak peek at the Toy Story land during Easter would be great- otherwise I'm going to miss TSMM (my favorite part of HS)!

What part of April were you trying for? A sneak peek at the Toy Story land during Easter would be great- otherwise I'm going to miss TSMM (my favorite part of HS)!

So I called back because I'm paying almost $800 for extra fast passes and unable to get Toy Story Mania. The different cast member I spoke to didn't have any knowledge or information about any kind of soft opening she just said that all the fast passes for the week I want to go must be already booked. I pointed out that we are still well before day 60 and no matter how many extra club-level type fast passes they sold every single Toy Story Mania Fastpass would not be booked for the entire week that I am there but that is what she kept saying was the case. Anyway I still don't have any fast passes booked for Toy Story Mania. I am going to be there the entire week of April 8th. In my opinion there is no way every single fast pass is booked already for that week when every other Fastpass I want including flight of Passage is pretty much available whenever I wanted. So for some reason they are not giving out fast passes for that week for Toy Story Mania.

So I called back because I'm paying almost $800 for extra fast passes and unable to get Toy Story Mania. The different cast member I spoke to didn't have any knowledge or information about any kind of soft opening she just said that all the fast passes for the week I want to go must be already booked. I pointed out that we are still well before day 60 and no matter how many extra club-level type fast passes they sold every single Toy Story Mania Fastpass would not be booked for the entire week that I am there but that is what she kept saying was the case. Anyway I still don't have any fast passes booked for Toy Story Mania. I am going to be there the entire week of April 8th. In my opinion there is no way every single fast pass is booked already for that week when every other Fastpass I want including flight of Passage is pretty much available whenever I wanted. So for some reason they are not giving out fast passes for that week for Toy Story Mania.
Yeah I would say that’s a pretty good indication it’s going to be closed.

Yes the person clearly doesn't know what they are talking about. TSMM isn't too hard to get at 60 let alone 90, it only needs to be open. I was being told Sand Castle Club daycare was all booked 5 months in advance on a non special day. Tried an earlier drop of time and there was plenty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter