Toy Story Land

When I finished paying for next June's trip June 3rd thru June 13th) the CM on the line asked if I was booking those dates to get to the Toy Story opening. I have learned from the posters here that those people tend to not know anything about openings etc but I did find it interesting and I noticed that Touring Plans has HS as an 8 or 9 on our 2nd day in HS.

Would AP previews be announced via MDE or something? If so, would non-AP members be allowed to accompany? I have a May 22-25 trip planned with two girlfriends, but I'm the only AP holder...and our four days seem like a definite possibility...

Any hope of an early March soft opening? I had such a blast at the soft opening of New Fantasyland - 7DMT wasn't finished at the time, but we got to go on Under the Sea.

Would AP previews be announced via MDE or something? If so, would non-AP members be allowed to accompany? I have a May 22-25 trip planned with two girlfriends, but I'm the only AP holder...and our four days seem like a definite possibility...
Typically, any previews are announced by emails to the target group.

For the Pandora Previews, they had different times for Passholders and DVC Members.
The passholder previews were for passholders only (no non-passholder guests).
The DVC Previews required an on-site room reservation and the member could bring only those guests that were listed on the room reservation.

Any hope of an early March soft opening? I had such a blast at the soft opening of New Fantasyland - 7DMT wasn't finished at the time, but we got to go on Under the Sea.
Possible but don’t get your hopes up especially if you aren’t AP or DVC.

For Pandora there was no announcement on MDE. The info was posted on here to sign up for a slot and some annual passholders got emails with the info to sign up. When the AP signed up for it I believe it allowed you to select 1 or 2 other people from your MDE friends/family list. As long as the person signing up for the slot was the AP holder, I believe they could bring along 1 or 2 other people that weren't AP holders. I'm not 100% sure on that though since I signed up for it and my wife is an AP holder as well.

If I remember correctly the info was posted here on the forum around 7:30/8am.. And the sign ups stayed open much longer than I expected. It was all full around noon

TSL will only have 2 rides? Will SWL have that little of a footprint as well?
Correct only two rides and one quick service. However TSMM will be included as part of the land. Toy Story is about 10-11 acres. Star Wars is 14.

Correct only two rides and one quick service. However TSMM will be included as part of the land. Toy Story is about 10-11 acres. Star Wars is 14.

Maybe I'm just not visualizing (I'm a city girl - so 11 acres seems like ALOT of space), so I'm disappointed as I would've expected much more on that footprint. SWL I'm assuming Star Tours will become part of that land as well...so somewhat of the same argument for that land).

Maybe I'm just not visualizing (I'm a city girl - so 11 acres seems like ALOT of space), so I'm disappointed as I would've expected much more on that footprint. SWL I'm assuming Star Tours will become part of that land as well...so somewhat of the same argument for that land).
Star tours will not be part of SWL.

Pandora is pretty close in size to Toy Story Land.

Star tours will not be part of SWL.

Pandora is pretty close in size to Toy Story Land.

Hm that makes it clearer space wise, thanks! If Star Tours wont be part of SWL, will they change Star Tours to something else? Seems odd to have 2 Star War related rides in 2 separate areas of the park, no?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!