Toys R Us Strategy question...

Keli

<font color=darkcoral>We're smarter than the avera
I want to get the personal CD players for some friends' kids for christmas and they will only be $19.99 early friday morning but I have a question.... I live close to a town with a smaller TRU and about an hour away from a town with a much larger one. I was wondering if you guys have any idea whether it's harder to get the items at smaller stores with less people there (but probably a lot less sale merchandise) or larger ones with lots of people (and presumably, more sale merchandise)?

Usually larger stores get larger inventories, but smaller stores have less traffic. I would call both store managers, and ask them what kind of stock they have on the items. It's possible neither has their stock in for that item, and then you save yourself a trip.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

If that is all you need I'd go to your local store about 1 hour or more before they open. You should have no problem getting the CD players. Know where they are in the store and go right there when they open. If you know exactly what you want and where it is you can be in and out of the store in a few minutes. Although it seems crazy I've found it much better to wait before they open and be the first in the store. You probably would save time because even the larger store will have a line and you'd have to leave so much earlier to be there before opening.

It would depend on the give-aways or other promotions how long the line is and when you need to be there. Really hard to judge, the longest I waited at Toys-R-Us was one time they had pokemon game boards to give away and I wanted one for my nephews. I believe I was there about 1 1/2 hr before they opened and at a pretty good place in the line.

How about buying it a day before for reg. price and take it back and have them pay you the difference. If you want it that bad.

Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter