ToyStory land/Star Wars land opening

Them and no one else...

It was before your time...but they used to have simple versions of that in every surburban shopping mall...they were scrapped long ago.
I'm not disputing that I'm just saying Disney isn't apparently done with the ride system.

Well...they squeeze the grapes long and hard, don't they?
I, for one, love Star Tours and hope they continue to support it with new stories. I'm still miffed that USO dumped Back To The Future in favor of the Simpsons (same ride, different story, still popular).

Why would they move star tours? That Type of ride system was basically abandoned 20+ years ago.

It's popular, and was popular before half of DHS closed...I enjoy it, as do many others. Although I enjoyed it when it was over at Epcot too. I do like the Star Wars version better. However, if they chose to remove it and put in an Indy ride, I would not be opposed. Not that it'll be like the one in DL since AK has Dinosaur :crazy2: but an Indy ride to go with the stunt show would be doable. Make a little Indy courtyard...but that makes too much sense, so who knows what Disney will do. Nothing until SWE is open is a good bet.

Okay I am confused. To my knowledge it has been confirmed that at least at DHS, the Star Tours will be as is, for a year or so post SWE opening. Then it will be reskinned to some new IP. No moving of the ride.

I thought it was the same in DL. Has there been something come out about it moving?

Okay I am confused. To my knowledge it has been confirmed that at least at DHS, the Star Tours will be as is, for a year or so post SWE opening. Then it will be reskinned to some new IP. No moving of the ride.

I thought it was the same in DL. Has there been something come out about it moving?

No.

Jim Hill has mentioned that they might move it to DCA and retheme it to Iron Man. That's the only mention of moving I've seen.

I can't see any valid reason to do that. Would that constitute "too much Star Wars"?

I'd so...then disney doesn't understand Star Wars.

I, for one, love Star Tours and hope they continue to support it with new stories. I'm still miffed that USO dumped Back To The Future in favor of the Simpsons (same ride, different story, still popular).

It's a simulator...and straight simulators had their day. That day has past by all the looks of it.

Star tours is fine as a C rate type ride...not a frontline ride. It that's what it is from now on then fine.

I still think it was a waste of the IP...but that judgement is history now.

I'm kinda disappointed that the Star Wars lands in both Disneyland and Hollywood Studios will be complete carbon copies of each other. I think it would have been cooler and much more interesting if the two lands were themed after different planets, you could still have clone copies of the actual rides themselves since they technically take place in space but then you can have the two planets as part of a larger mythology sorta like what they want to do with the Marvel stuff (how they're connecting the Marvel stuff in ALL the Disney Parks worldwide to one another). Then Star Wars junkies will have a reason to visit the lands on both coasts and possibly outside of the U.S. if they do decide to do this land in their other parks.

I'm kinda disappointed that the Star Wars lands in both Disneyland and Hollywood Studios will be complete carbon copies of each other. I think it would have been cooler and much more interesting if the two lands were themed after different planets, you could still have clone copies of the actual rides themselves since they technically take place in space but then you can have the two planets as part of a larger mythology sorta like what they want to do with the Marvel stuff (how they're connecting the Marvel stuff in ALL the Disney Parks worldwide to one another). Then Star Wars junkies will have a reason to visit the lands on both coasts and possibly outside of the U.S. if they do decide to do this land in their other parks.
There will be some differences in how each land is set up but otherwise yes the rides will be exactly the same.

Wouldn't it be cool if they didn't really retheme StarTours, but made it the gateway to StarWars land so instead of being let out into the store, you were let out into StarTours land after "truly" having ridden in the spacecraft TO StarWars Land?!?

Wouldn't it be cool if they didn't really retheme StarTours, but made it the gateway to StarWars land so instead of being let out into the store, you were let out into StarTours land after "truly" having ridden in the spacecraft TO StarWars Land?!?
Is not close enough to be a gateway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!