Trading through pinpics?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
How successful have people been trading pins through pinpics? I just found that site a few weeks ago, became a member today and have already browsed a little to see what other members want to trade. Has anyone here done it? How well does it work? Any tips on insuring that you don't just send your pin off and never get the one promised in return?

I have been slightly successful trading pins using the trade assistant. I have gotten a few trades from it but it can also be discouraging as I have a lot of no replys or no thank yous. It is an excellent resource for listing the pins you want to trade because anyone can reference it, even when looking for trades off this board.
I have never had a pin trade go purposely bad but Dizpins has a reference section as well. Hope that helps.

Trading via pinpics can be very successful. But, you do have to be patient. As Duckfan says above, you may receive many "no thank yous" and many requests will go unaswered.

However, it takes very little effort to send out many requests. I feel that if I even have only a 10% return that leads to a trade, it is well worth it.

Good luck!:)

Among the few that responded to me, some had no references.

Having been involved in a recent "notorious scam", I am naturally more cautious.

So my experience is, I'd rather trade with those that live near me or others that I read about regularly on the boards and have references I can confirm.

Just request trading or auction site references before you mail anything.

Wanda

The Dizpins reference board is a good guideline. It's not perfect. I saw one person listed (don't know if they still are) that I bought from and would never again.
If you ever have any real doubts, I would either not do it or e-mail Joette. (Although I would hate to bug her. I know she wouldn't mind, but if everyone e-mailed her....)
I have just started trading through Dizpins myself. So far everything has been great -- esp since I am the newcomer!
My other suggestion would be to have someone you know as your third party-- you both mail your trades to that person and they in turn mail out to the traders.

I have been very successful trading via pin pics, and have had no bad experiences. Yes, some people do not answer your requests and there is no way of knowing if they don't like the trade you request or if they just don't "know" you.
I have not "known " any of the people I've trades with there , but feel that I do now and am pleased to have made new friends via the trade feature.
It would however, be nice to know the screen names of the people you are contacting for a trade in advance of requesting the trade.

I have had some success with the Trade Assistant. I sent out 9 requests once and only recieved 1 back. I suspect that there are a number of inactive pin traders still listed. It is also possible that the e-mail address listed is no longer good.

I recently turned off the TA as I kept getting the same request from the same person that I have e-mailed back and told I'm not interested.

I know the Susan & Britt are working on it right now, using some of the suggestions of the users. I am very interested in seeing how the new version will work.

Dom,

I must admit, I've been guilty of doing exactly that. The reason is, you can't see who you are offering a trade to, so you don't know that it's the same person.

For example, I've got pin X to trade, and pin y is on my "wants" list. If there are five people who have those reversed (y to trade, x on "wants") then the TA sends out five requests, but I have no way of knowing that. The next time I log in, there may only be 3 people who still have that...or it could be 300. Again, there's no way of knowing.

Don't take it personally if you get the same request over and over. It's not my fault that someone has a WDW PTP for trade and a rack pin as a want. I just send the trades available, using the current set up. It's not the best way to do things (which is, as you say, why they're changing things now), but it's the only way we have :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter