Traffic to Legoland on a Monday Morning

roctavia

Mouseketeer
We are hoping to uber/lyft from DCA to Legoland before park open on a Monday morning, but I wasn't sure what rush hour was like in the morning. I know the afternoon is awful.... This will also be Memorial Day, so I was hoping the holiday would make traffic lighter too... but I didn't know if traffic was both ways, or if we'd bee heading in a good direction that time of day... I was looking to leave Disneyland around 8am.

Morning traffic on Memorial Day won't be too bad. Evening traffic will be awful, especially going north.

Also, be prepared for drivers to cancel on you when they find out how far you are going. They don't see your destination until they arrive to pick you up. You might have to go through a few drivers, adding time to your departure time.

Morning traffic on Memorial Day won't be too bad. Evening traffic will be awful, especially going north.

Also, be prepared for drivers to cancel on you when they find out how far you are going. They don't see your destination until they arrive to pick you up. You might have to go through a few drivers, adding time to your departure time.

I appreciate your input! Thankfully we are staying at the Lego hotel so won't have to worry about driving back north!

I did not know that about Uber/Lyft, that's annoying.... We originally going to rent a car, but with the cost of the rental and parking fees at Legoland, doing something like Uber there and then to San Diego airport on our leaving day would save a lot of money... but not if we can't get a driver in a reasonable time... hmm.

Maybe you can look at Amtrak. You'd have a short Lyft to the train depot in Anaheim and an extremely short one near Legoland. The train ride is actually a nice activity with gorgeous scenery, too.

You are going to have a very hard time finding a driver who will take you all the way to Legoland from Anaheim. A one day, one way rental car will be cheaper, most likely. I once landed at LAX near midnight after my flight being rerouted and needed a ride home to Irvine and no one would do it. I had 2 Ubers and a Lyft cancel on me. I hopped on my Hertz app, rented a car for $35 and drove myself home. I returned the car the next morning at the airport 5 minutes from my house (I had my car parked at the economy lot there so I took the shuttle to pick it up). I would not depend on Uber or Lyft that early, on a holiday, to go that far.

To answer your traffic question, it won't be bad at all. It should take about an hour to an hour 15 to get to Carlsbad from Anaheim. The holiday will be a huge help.

Maybe you can look at Amtrak. You'd have a short Lyft to the train depot in Anaheim and an extremely short one near Legoland. The train ride is actually a nice activity with gorgeous scenery, too.

The holiday schedule might make it hard to get there at a decent time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!