*Trail's End on Thanksgiving with Pictures*

Fairy_Tale_Bride

DIS Veteran
*This was taken from a Post in my Trip Report!*

This was our first trip to Fort Wilderness and I was excited to check it out! It was very chilly tonight too, so it really was feeling like Thanksgiving! I loved seeing all of the Christmas decorations around the Fort. The grounds of FW were beautiful and it really did feel like we were miles away from WDW, but FW still had the Disney "feel." We loved seeing everyone's golfcarts decorated for Christmas! They were so neat! We just loved the vibe and now I'm thinking I really want to stay at one of the log cabins in the near future! I think it would be so much fun and so great around Christmas time!

We checked in at Trail's End and the CM told us she'd try to seat us as soon as she could!

n25002324_31300396_1289.jpg

We took a seat over in the rocking chairs and it was just the perfect Thanksgiving setting! :goodvibes I couldn't have imagined a better way to celebrate Thanksgiving!

n25002324_31300401_2802.jpg

Our name was called 20mins before our actually seating time and we were happy about that because we were STARVING! :bitelip: I've never eaten Thanksgiving dinner that late in my life!

Trail's End was a pretty neat place and the bar area, Crockett's Tavern, was also connected to the restaurant. We got seated in the way back, so we had a pretty long walk to the buffet.

n25002324_31300404_3670.jpg

We quickly gave our drink orders and made our way up to the buffet to get in line. It was packed! The line was very long and we easily waited about 20mins to get up to the buffet. I knew there was no way I wanted to get back up and have to wait another 20mins to fill my plate, so I grabbed two plates! :rotfl: Sadly, my DH didn't go along with my plan and was away from our table for a good 20mins later in the meal. Oh well... :rolleyes:

n25002324_31300405_4021.jpg

I think everyone saw me carrying my two plates and also wished they had done the same thing! I wanted to sit down and be able to enjoy Thanksgiving. I wasn't in the mood to stand in line all night. :goodvibes

The buffet was pretty small, but it had EVERYTHING! The food all looked fantastic and I had everything on it except for the meat, of course. It also took longer for us to get our food because we all had to wait for more stuffing to be brought out on the buffet. I can't have Thanksgiving without my stuffing! :teeth:

Here are my two plates FULL of food! Yes, this was my meal, just for me! :rotfl2: It was Thanksgiving, I'm going all out! :woohoo: The plates were made of metal and were pretty neat too! They really added to the atmosphere and the jar glasses!

n25002324_31300408_4884.jpg

n25002324_31300409_5179.jpg

Yes, that is pizza you see on my plate! How neat is that!? That's the first time I ever had pizza on Thanksgiving! :teeth:

DH is a total meat eater, so of course his plate was only meat items. Not a vegetable in sight! Yes, he eats like he is five years old. :laughing: He loved the sauce on the ribs and couldn't get enough of it!

n25002324_31300410_5462.jpg

The highlight of the meal for me was the dessert! Our waitress told us that each table would be brought out their own pumpkin pie! How great is that!? :hyper: I love pumpkin pie! I thought that was such a great idea and such a great deal too! Our waitress asked us if we would like any other drinks to go with our pumpkin pie and I ordered some hot chocolate! Yum! Yum! :banana:

n25002324_31300416_7179.jpg

The pie was delicious and a perfect way to top off the meal! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :teeth: I was stuffed! I loved Trail's End and Fort Wilderness and cannot wait to go back! I am so glad we chose to eat at Trail's End! :thumbsup2

n25002324_31300414_6603.jpg

That's great!!! I've been enjoying your pictures of FW and your POTD too. :thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing.

Great review! Loved the pictures! We did not enjoy trail's end when we went, but the food you got looked alot better than what we were offered.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Lovely piccies :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter