Train from DL to San Diego for Cruise

jag90

Mouseketeer
We are coming in Sept from the east coast for 5 days at DL/DCA then down to San Diego for a 5night cruise.

Can we board the Surfliner in Anaheim with our luggage or will we have to go to Fullerton or Santa Ana Stations?

Yes, you can board the Surfliner in Anaheim at the Angel Stadium station. It's a quick Uber from DL. I've not taken a ton of luggage (just a carryon for an overnight) but the luggage racks usually have plenty of space.

Appreciate it. I read I couldn’t check luggage there, but if I can bring our big suitcases onboard I have no problem loading myself.

I took the Surfliner from Union Station in LA to Anaheim Artic station. I had a carry on and a 50 pound large roller case.

I hadn't researched properly and didn't realize the cheap coach seats were on the upper level. The stairs up are very narrow and I had difficulty getting my large 50 pound roller case up and down the stairs. Once on the upper level, there was plenty of room in the luggage storage at the end of the carriage. I kept my carry on with me in my seat.

I took the ART bus , route 15 from Anaheim Artic station to Disneyland Transport area. I got off on Katella Avenue, near Anaheim Garden Walk.

The ART bus on route 15 had the small steps up, so just be warned if like me you have a large checked roller case.

Thank you! We’ll definitely have 2 of the big rollers, but I should be able to manage them. Probably going to book business class for a little more room. For the ~$30 seems like a no brainer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter